Custom texturesPrefabs

Started by GBPacker912, May 26, 2009, 11:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBPacker912

I asked this question on the KF forums, but I thought why not ask it in a modding community since it hasn't been answered.

Are there any sites that have KF prefabs or textures that can be used for KF that anyone would recommend?
I tried searching on google, but I don't know that many people have really put those kinds of things into KF yet.

Do the UT4 prefabs/textures or ones for other games that use SDK work as well? Any suggestions for this would be great :D

Thanks.

Sandcrawler

Here are two links from the RC section that look good.
http://www.cgtextures.com/
http://www.mayang.com/textures/

Some of them may not be game ready yet, you would have to go in with photoshop of gimp and make them repeat. Most of them looked like they already would. As for prefabs, I'm not sure.

You can export out of any Unreal game into bmp or one of the other formats and import into anotherone. The source engine uses a different format and I doubt you can export them.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

GBPacker912

So basically I would need to make my own prefabs as of right now?

arramus

There's not a great deal out there already bundled up that I can find.

Somewhere like http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.c ... odels;4003
has a few SM packs built for the community to download.

If you can open these SM packs natively in KF then you'll also have to provide them with your map to ensure people who DL your map can see them.

Alternatively you can import them and save them in MyLevel which will save into the map itself. You'll also need to import the textures as well.

GBPacker912

Hm I was thinking maybe what I was looking for was static meshes, or models, and those work, but it seems like KF should have alot more things than what I am seeing. I expected there to be things like the desks that they use in offices, the tables they use in the biotics lab (and I have seen people use these in other maps too...) so I am not sure why I can't seem to find them.

I have checked in the static meshes area under all of the tabs and haven't found anything like that.  Also I expected to find more textures other than the ones that are just there, do I need to do more to find the other ones? this just seems a bit odd to me.

Sandcrawler

It sounds like you need to load the entire package: kfmod.php?page=tutorial-5
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

arramus

When I'm in the SM or Texture area I have to select OPEN and go to all the packages that don't open automatically when the UE starts. A lot of the packages do not get loaded at first and you have to open them manually.

I usually open 2 copies of UE at the same time. One is the map I'm working on and in the other I'm looking through the default maps for things I like that I don't always catch in the SM area. Then I simply COPY/PASTE from one UE to the other and it jumps over.

I do this for doors, zombie volumes...everything I need that I don't want to waste time creating manually. It's all there for the taking.

GBPacker912

Yea I hadn't done that yet, this will help ALOT!, thank you both :D