Star Cruiser

Started by Dark Lord, April 01, 2007, 08:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lord

yet another addition to my never ending fleet of starships (im just a astronomy lover, get over it :P)

the fighters were custom made ones after stuff i found in warhammer 40000 (as if any of u know what that is) and they are fly overs
skydome is nice one with taris at front of ship and a star made by FLCL for me on the left of it
and im just curious: is anyone sick of my starship maps?
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Squad_Sammaron

hehe :D nope

nice ship looks cool
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

CLONECOMMANDER501

You look familiar, are you on the filefront forums?[@ dark-lord]

How did you get a model in?

Dark Lord

i dont even have an account on filefront forums
but to make new meshes you assemble a few brushes together then select them all, right click, and go to convert then to static mesh and save in myLevel
note that you cannot make subtractions and have them remain when you convert to mesh (holes will then be filled up) so make only additions

arramus

Looks like an invasion fleet. Your brushwork's getting better all the time and I can see some fine detail in these models.

explode

acctually, If you make your thing, with subtractions, then make a brush that fits over it all, then click "Intersect brush" It will make your box take the shape of your ships!
Pretty slick, eh?

DooFi

brushes always make crappy wireframes. You shouldn't actually make big and detailled stuff from brushes ;) "Real" Meshes are better for the performance too.

Dark Lord

and for anyone who is curious about the other side of the skydome:

also decided to put in 2 of the assault transports found in missilebase and spacestation, only this time retextured to match with the cruiser and fighters

Sandcrawler

Looks nice.

My biggest thing with your starship maps is they are too big, I usualy only look in the editor because of this. The size of your bridge is the size of the SSD Map in Jedi Academy.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Dark Lord

i honestly have a hatred for small maps, and i go much more for realism than fighting arenas thus the big size, i find it alot more fun because the bigger they are the stealthier you can be, as well as more sniping, and its also good for the adventurous types like me

ComD{TRI}Sweatz

TIGHT man look great and awesome

{MotR}Weapon

Is it done, or did you forget about this map? >.>

Dark Lord

started procrastinating and then life got pretty busy, and for the most part i barely play video games anymore, but summer is near and i will probably be bored in my large amount of spare time and finish it then

CLONECOMMANDER501

Heh, Im not alone eh?

Dark Lord

im gonna start back on this today or tomorrow, this community seems dead...but hey i mod just cuz i want to anyway :)
should there be no further procrastinations from me, i should be done in about a week, but cant guarantee anything.