Cant multiplay

Started by Tycon, June 29, 2010, 08:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tycon

Ive set all the level info to the same as the maps that already work. how do i get it to be multi player?

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

pizzaboy314

what do you mean tycon?
-PizzaBoy-

Jet

I have the same problem. I copy the level propertese from a map that works to my own. Then I send it to a friend. My friend join my server and I type in: open (nameofmap). I am at the map but the other guy cant play at it. He cant join the server either. I have atleast fixed so that it shows the name of the map in the server list. :D But it is still impossible to play togheter. :/ Tell us how you do exactly to make it work.
I was Ralex. I have finaly got to know how to change name! The thing was that I didn't know how to change it. :S
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

Dark Lord

the level properties only make a difference when used on a dedicated server, and even there i'm sure it's that big of a deal, because i have my friend host my maps for me while they are in the construction stage all the time and their properties are not edited
it is most likely an issue with your routers and all that fun internet junk, causing you to be unable to play together
i have no idea how to fix that unfortunately, but it would be good to simply find a friend who is capable of hosting servers
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Jet

Do it have to be a dedicated server? My clan leader Skull are able to do private servers. If anyone else knows how to do it, please help.
I was Ralex. I have finaly got to know how to change name! The thing was that I didn't know how to change it. :S
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

Dark Lord

no it doesnt have to be dedicated
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Darktrooper

If you are playing through a router than you will more than likely have to open your ports to allow others to join a game you host. There are a number of sites that you can search to help with portforwarding your router. If you've done this and still have problems than it may be an issue with the internet.

Jet

Should it work if I do a lan game? I got 2 computers and 2 republic commando. Both can play togheter in regular server with both the same router and if they use one each. I have already tried to port forward. I have no idea how to do it. Only that it exist a program that can do it for you pretending on what game it is. But you must have money for it. How do I do it manualy? And how do I do to fix more than only host at the mod map?
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave

Tycon

Yeah ralex and i are in the same clan neither of us can get our maps working in multiplayer i cant even et it working in lan

frazscotland

This might sound obvious but you have definitely ended the maps with  .ctm ?
and you and your friends definitely have the same mapname  and edit. ?
maybe yours is called slightly different name have a doubl chek
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

Yes they are saved as .ctm files. i emailed him the map so he saved it with the same name. just when i open the map he cannot join my LAN server.

Jet

Can you tell me exactly what you do when your map is done?
Proud member of Psycho.
www.youtube.com/jet7wave