Cant play SP

Started by RC-1266, January 01, 2008, 02:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC-1266

well yesterday the computer was very slow when i played RC and when i had to shut down i used the power button, but now a file named running.ini is damaged or unreadable and i need help-program (?) CHKDSK but i cant find...
when i launch sp i cant do a lot but ive made a screenie from something...kinda weird

RC-1266

this is the screenie:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq3rdtcS
first reaction might be: whats wrong but check out the squad-icons on the left side

RC-1266

ho srry it works already, if you ever encounter a problem like that, just use another save file :s
it might havent saved correctly but the game isnt messed up

1upD

:!:  :shock:

I thought there could only be 4 commandoes...Thank you for this amazing discovery! It almost inspires me to work more on SP!

JanDeis

I thought he said that there was a problem, not "hey, look what I found!".

But this arouses curiosity.  How the hell did you do that?

1upD

I bet if you just made a new commando and put him in your squad, his icon would show up....

OMG!

Muunilinst 10 FTW!

RC-1266

well though i know im a skilled modder and i know more then you together...no thats bullshit
my running.ini is damaged so  i only can use quicksave properly when im in the game. when i quit RC and start it again i go to the "spawnpoint" from the level, encounter every place ive been abandoned (destroyed dispenser etc.) and my squad at the place i were when i saved.
i dont know what the fifth commando does (most of the time i dont see 4 and 5) but i had once with the fourth that it looked like the "playercommando" how it looks like in unreal
its the same commando you will see when you use the "lock camera" cheat
it looks very strange like a half-molten plastic commando fig
i DONT KNOW how those extra clonefellowz appear in my game, like i said my running.ini is fcked up and indeed its not "look what i found"  :wink:
does someone know how i can repair my file cause i thought it worked but i hadnt restarted the game
and sorry for the lot of text  :D

JanDeis

Well (stating the obvious here) you could reinstall and still save your maps, saves, etc.  But if you don't have the disc or an ISO image (like I got on my other PC) I don't know what to say...

RC-1266

well BEFORE i would do that i can send u guys the file; you might find something ur interested in because of the 4th and fifth player. its not a big problem, because i barely play sp anymore since mp works (1st it didnt, just 1-2 months ago it worked, THATS the reason im a new mapper)
(EDIT:) well sorry i reinstalled the game for some other shit but i forgot to copy the running.ini