Just a test...

Started by Darktrooper, January 22, 2011, 12:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darktrooper

Kinda working on the RC Idea in UDK for now. Below are some pics and a link to video of a droid test for it. Not much at the moment though. Back to working full time so my mapping time has been slashed by 60%  :( Anyways, heres the footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj8nsCO9rKI

If anyone is interested in working on this give me a shout either by pm or email me at darktrooper@woh.rr.com

Tycon

good idea :D if you geet it to work we can have Uber RCII

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

Darktrooper

The droid works fine as it's just a matinee sequence. Right now I'm looking over the Original RC scripts and seeing if I can port some of the more common ones to UDK using notepad++. Also, theres still the issue of character models and props that will need to be made for it. Sounds are easy to get, half a million of them on the web, so those are covered. Not much else is happening so this is pretty much my hobby now. Vodean has done a great bit of work on the RC 2 mod for the original game, but I'd like to see a new Star Wars setup in Unreal. Had a concept called Smuggler's Blues but it takes place between the years BBY 6 and ABY 2.

Tycon

true but what i meant was the Vodean wanted to make his rc2 nextgen. maybe u could do it with unreal 3 :D

Darktrooper

Thats what the UDK is essentially. Although some of the newer updates to UDK have brought it much higher in standard compared to UT3. I just added a new model designer to the project and he'll be working on characters first. I sent him these pics for reference.

Darktrooper

Started on the first mp map for the mod, added some evaperators to the map. I'm not a modeler by any means but they turned out half way decent. You can find out about the mod in detail by going to here

Tycon