Model Importing Help Please

Started by Delrahn, April 23, 2010, 12:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delrahn

Okay. I downloaded an NPC off of the UT2K4 site, but I don't know how to import it to Republic Commando. I can import into RC because it runs of the same engine as UT2K4 rite? So how do I import it then?

frazscotland

personally ive never seen anyone succesfully importing a brand nu model into rc as of yet. im sure its not imposssible but nevertheless not easy. as far as i know u best askin CCP-IV or PFWSKIP as theyr pioneering adding nu moded wep meshes to rc in their forthcoming mod, arramus and sandcrawler also maybe know how  :idea:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

{CCP}VI

we edited the animations by attaching staticmeshes to them. thats the easiest way.
guess its also possible to import meshes. i've tried it once and it worked though it was just a little test with a simple box without bones.
but i've never tried to import animations.
in the animationbrowser you can import psk(mesh) and psa(animation) files. at least you can try.
in case you have no psa and psk but ukx im quite sure it won't work. then you can try to copy it into the animationfolder.
good luck.
Xfire- viscatus

Sandcrawler

This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)