RC2 Using Unreal Tournament

Started by Strelnieks, July 14, 2008, 10:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strelnieks

Hello all,

Right now i am a beginner in the modding industry, but im learning. I chose to come here and first discuss this because the people here like Republic Commando, and i was wondering would there be people here to make a Unreal Tournament mod of Republic Commando 2. As some of you may know, Red Orchestra was a mod for Unreal Tournament 2004 and won the Make Something Unreal Contest and they were given a license for UE and they made their mod into a game. Now i know the contest has already been on for some time and UT3 has been out for a bit, but i was wondering, did people want to start preparing for the next Unreal Tournament and maybe want to get together to make a mod for it and maybe we can win the next Make Something Unreal and our game could be sold.

Just an idea, I dont mean to be negative towards the mod already in development here, I just thought that perhaps we could do what Tripwire Interactive did (Creators of Red Orchestra). Thank you.

DooFi

Make Something Unreal is going on at the moment and to create a real mod requires A LOT of everything. Pretty much everything you would need to make a whole game

Strelnieks

I realize that, but in order to want to make everything you need incredible motivation, and i thought what more people want to make a sequel to RC when theres a small community that already like the first. Now im sure we could find some people not on these forums but i thought would there be a certain amount of people here, that would be willing to try and work to make something for the next Unreal Tournament.

RC-1266

what is the date it has to be finished, for start. and is it every year?