CaH_Hangar

Started by Squad_Sammaron, April 16, 2007, 03:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squad_Sammaron

i'm converting Hangar into a sample, 4v4 Capture and Hold map. i'll work on this by making it so that pressing 'f' on a control panel (located in center of map typically) will slightyly move a bar up wards (just a plane with 50 or something bars, and each time you push F the plane comes slightly more out of ground, making bars appear) once all 50 bars appear, the lights will change from blue to red, assuming you're trando taking over the Repub base. each side of the 'capture and hold' area will have one of these panels. Repub is, in this case trying to get the bar to the ground, and trando make the bar get to the top. one panel makes it go up, the other makes the bar go down. at the end, a camera will show the capture and hold base, and you can see if lights are red or blue. obviously, red means trandos win, and vice versa. tell me whatcha think, eh? i'm also thinking of a way to make turrents, and i gotta plan.
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Shockjaw

that is absolute GENIUS

{MotR}Weapon

Dittos.

Wouldn't that be more known as King of the Hill though? >.>

Squad_Sammaron

erm, ya, but no hill :D thx

Shockjaw

gol (giggling out loud) well can you make the lights for the blue ones like the ones on the pillar in engine and the same with red but red instead of blue

explode

Cool, Is it OK If I copy this into my map when It comes out, cause my map has a haloish air to it and king of the hill would be a nice addition  :D

Shockjaw

well I have just realized something: how would you get into the browser (like when you create a game so people can join)

Squad_Sammaron

how would i get into the browser? i'm assuming server? erm.. i don't understand. it would not really be a new type, it would just have movers and camera's to make it LOOK like a new type. i did run into an issue though. I can't really make it so that if you push F on one side, it goes down, and the other makes it go up, so i'm going to make it so that both make a bar go up. after all 25 bars on one side appear, the bars reset and locks one side so that pushing F will do nothing (collision of trigger moves off map). then the other side can push F to bring the bar up again, and once they get to 25, the process repeats.

Shockjaw

well sammaron why not make it like assault and they change each round but the idea does sound good