Duplicate Actors

Started by arramus, March 28, 2007, 08:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

Duplicates appear to be fine using the script from an existing weapon or other in game component. It can either be a separate entity in its own right or you can link certain aspects into the duplicate.

One weapon tested had unique pickup collisions and starting ammo but they can share the same ammo pickups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Vj0p1ZDkw

DooFi

it would be uber cool to be able to save them seperately, so you can use them as mods without overwriting files...

Squad_Sammaron

ahaha! a simple fix :D to use them as mods, simply only alter weps props if it is already placed into youre level. then save the map and simply copy it to w/e map you want. this still allows MP play :D thought i posted about this ?
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

arramus

If you add a new weapon to a map it'll still need the main Props file altered regardless of how you add it, won't it?

Squad_Sammaron

i didn't think so. if you save the map, it creates the actor, which you then modify, instead of the base actor properties. i've tried it before, and it worked for me :D

explode

Or you could just save the duplicate to the "mylevel" folder?
I've done it with a crappy M16 that I pooped out in like a half hour(not the model, the actual ingame thing..)

arramus

You can save the model in MyLevel for sure but how about all of the base properties? That's where the real weapon modifications are saved. In addition you'll need new CTEffects and Footstep Props.

Let's have a workaround tut based on what you've done in the past if it's worked for you.

Squad_Sammaron

oooooooooooo, my bad. i'm not sure why you need to create a new pick up class. .. if you could clear me up? if you can find a way for them to share ammo without making a pick up class than i know what to do. you can just alter the weps props after it's been added, because it acts like a new class. if you edit it's default properties, it will overite the base props it inherited from the base props, but it will only edit it's own props, which happen to be identical to the base props. i'm sure this doens't make since to someone, but i'm not sure how to explain it any other way.