New Enemies?

Started by JanDeis, December 18, 2007, 04:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanDeis

Is it possible to add new enemies into RC?  Even if it is as simple as changing the clones from friendly to enemies.  <-- In fact, that would be greatly helpful for a mod I am making.

Since it probably has something to do with properties editing, I posted this here.  Anyone know how this could be accomplished?

Sh4rpSh00t3r

you couldn't add an enemy unless it came with all the animations and it shared the same format as RC. Also you can make clones enemies, i can't remember how, just check the changed properties in AI_Domination.

JanDeis

Has nobody figures out how to import models with animations into RC?  Sounds hard.  I wouldn't try it, so I don't blame anyone else...

Thanks!  I'll check out Domination!

EDIT:  I checked out Domination, and I couldn't find anything in the properties.  I thought it was bValidEnemy, but that did nothing.  Then I thought it was TeamIndex, but it wasn't that either.  What friendly units shoot at you that normally don't in Domination?

RC-1266

i dont know a lot about making new pawns, but i got a link from IcePwn, which connected me to an unreal tournament site. i saw some screenies with some monsters, you might be able to import some of those.
but like i said, i dont know a lot about it  :wink:

JanDeis

As long as they use the same file extensions, you could import things from Unreal Tournament couldn't you?  You can make new pawns in RC.  You just copy one of the pawns and alter the properties.  You have an identical looking pawn, but it is technically a new one.

Actually, you select the "New From Selection" option under "Class" at the top of the actors screen.  But if you can do that, all you would need to do is import the rest of the stuff from Unreal Tournament and put things where they need to go.

Has anyone done this before?  This seems too easy.  Has to be a catch...

1upD

I've been having lots of fun with the pawns in RC...
er...wait...

Anyways, I've made an entire map full of rogue clone troopers, (Meant for SP) It works really well. I've even got different ranks, with accesories(ARCS FTW!!!!!!!!!) and different weapons...Dangit, where'd I put those screenies!?

JanDeis

What did you do to make them hostile?  I can't seem to find what property does that...

icepwn

Quote from: "JanDeis"...

What did you do to make them hostile?  I can't seem to find what property does that...

teh clones? i think its in the Al tab then teamindex from 2 to 5 then they are hostile i think thats how its done .

JanDeis

I did that, but I guess I could always try again...

1upD

Quote from: "JanDeis"...

In the AI section, there's a team index parameter, change it from 2 to 5.
0=Blue Team(Clones)
1=Red Team(Trandos)
2=Friendly
3-4=Who knows?
5=Enemy

RC-1266

cool

SCUBAinARUBA7

u could always just reskin the trandos or any other pre-set enemies  :)

SCUBAinARUBA7

Quote from: "1upD"I've been having lots of fun with the pawns in RC...
er...wait...

Anyways, I've made an entire map full of rogue clone troopers, (Meant for SP) It works really well. I've even got different ranks, with accesories(ARCS FTW!!!!!!!!!) and different weapons...Dangit, where'd I put those screenies!?

hey thats kool! it could be like after order 66 wen all the clones turn and only u remain lol