problems

Started by <<DYNO>>, September 06, 2006, 07:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

<<DYNO>>

this

Sulfied Shrike

Hey Dyno, welcome back! (the same Dyno I assume?)

This will all be included in a technical tutorial soon, but you can fix the "white screen of death" in two ways:

The "Easy" Way: open up UE and select the view menu on the main window, and then select "viewports" - reconfigure the options and see what happens. This is the easiest way to do it and it is pretty effective.

The "Hard" Way: Slightly more troublesome but the method I prefer, open My Computer > C:Drive > Program Files > LucasArts > SW Republic Commando > Gamedata > Save. In this folder you will see a config file entitled "UnrealEd". Delete it, and restart UE - all your recent map listings and customized options will no longer be there, but neither will the white screen.

Hope that helps you out!

DooFi

that is obviously the oldest UED bug of all times. Did you search the forums for white viewports or the like? If so, we'll put together a small FAQ^^

Regarding your problem:
Nobody knows (at least nobody I know knows lol) why it happens, but sometimes UED just deletes all the viewports.. Its not fatal, but sometimes nerved lol. To make the viewports appear again, click on "View -> Viewports -> Configure..." and select a new viewport-layout. You will notice you can even customize the layout a bit, if you're not happy with the standard one lol. Also "View -> Viewports -> Fixed / Floating" is a nice feature ;)

EDIT: yeah, that happens when you click the "post reply" button and then go downstairs for half an hour :roll:.. Anyways, the "Hard Way" is pretty much superfluous for this problem :P

Sulfied Shrike

Quote from: "DooFi"that is obviously the oldest UED bug of all times. Did you search the forums for white viewports or the like? If so, we'll put together a small FAQ^^

It is being addressed like I mentioned, so eventually we'll have a complete list of problems and solutions.

Quote from: "DooFi"Anyways, the "Hard Way" is pretty much superfluous for this problem :P

C'mon now, that title was in reference to how you labeled my idea the first time I promoted it. :P  

I have come across those who couldn't fix it the usual way, (don't ask me who) and adding that fix was just a blanket option for any future reference. :)  

Still... I like it....

<<DYNO>>

i am the same dyno and thank yas