How do you add new squad members?

Started by Pineapple, January 01, 2011, 02:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega 27 Elite

I am a man of many questions...

delta62

Tycon, you are a liar! I've done everything youve siad to do, and each time I tell mysquad toSev, Fixer, Scorch and two others) the game crashes! I would like to know how you got it to work! Also, in some of the levels, my new squad mates start with almost no health and injured. I have to kill them and revive them and theyll be full. I dont know why.

Tycon

hmm... i have no idea maybe im just lucky:P

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

Tycon

hey, sorry to post on an old topic, but i figured out why your game crashes. It happens to me. just delete the markers and rebuild them. idk why it happenns

frazscotland

TYCON could you please upload your modded files for this to FILEFRONT and post a link so we can all try this out. !? 8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

I don't have a filefront and as I said before, it's not a modded file ::). it's a map. And I've explained how to make this in a map.

frazscotland

Ok well if you can put your map on filefront and send me a link to download and test so i can see for myself.  ;)
Its FREE to join filefront or gamefront as its now called and takes 2 minutes to join,.
http://www.gamefront.com/
or upload it here at sandcrawler and send me link. youre already a member here anyways   :P
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

I'm wondering, do I really need to? it's a map. I've explained how to do it.

EDIT:I don't have the time right now, but i will explain my methods in extreme detail for you.

frazscotland

Quote from: Tycon on April 25, 2011, 06:03:58 PM
I'm wondering, do I really need to? it's a map. I've explained how to do it.
No you dont have to like... I dont need to explain anything to you !,... but i do anyways....
EDIT:I don't have the time right now, but i will explain my methods in extreme detail for you.

Yeah if you can explain the method in EXTREME DETAIL  :P
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

I'm sorry, I can be really stubborn sometimes. :'(

Here we go, the:
EXTREME DETAIL XTRA SQUADMATE METHOD
1. open GEO_05C and do File>Save As... and save it as XtraSquad.ctm

2. We are going to duplicate Fixer, Sev, and Scorch, and name the doubles Tycon, Fraz, and Sandy(lol). Tycon will be light green, Fraz will be blue, and Sandy will be yellow. hold 'control' and click on the three squad mates, so they all are selected. then copy and paste and move the extras next to the others.

3. Double click on a Fixer. Reskin him with the Nightops skin. in Display>EnhancedVisionColor, set the color to light green(like my font). in Hidden, you will find two cells: SquadHUDSlot, HUDDiscription, and HUDNickname. Hudnickname is his name, HUDDiscription is his number, and Squadhudslot is his position on the icon list on your HUD. make Tycon's hudslot 4, HudNickname Tycon, and HUDDiscription 14.

4. do the same for a Sev. make his skin Recon, EnhancedVisionColor dark blue, SquadHUDSlot 5, HUDDiscription 25, HUDNickname Fraz.

5.do the same for a Scorch. make his skin 1138, EnhancedVisionColor orange, SquadHUDSlot 6, HUDDiscription 83, HUDNickname Sandy.

6. Build all and save. open in SP and test. If the game crashes when you tell them to do a marker, you will have to delete the marker stuff and make it again. I don't know why, but that's the way you fix it.

if this doesn't work, I'll make upload to the downloads page.

Tycon

frazscotland

Aw yeh  thanx so much TYCON for your explanation its not just for me but this tut u gave is big help for everyone !! You're a big man in manners is appreciated thanx  8)
I have loads more stuff ive sussed out in unreal to do with modding and can explain to ppl and will. 8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

Hmm maybe we should make a thread where ppl post their own tutorials on stuff...

frazscotland

I now know how to fully make your own mod voicepaks for MP and you can do same for SP if u have longtime to spare! i have all tha codes and sayings listed (on notepads) for most all voicepax !  8)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Tycon

I think an SP voicepak is different than in MP(although I haven't made either one). For an SP thing, first you record a whole lot of sounds, put them in a sound package, and arrange them in 'soundmultiples'. a soundmultiple is a single sound file that is actually made up of many more sounds. When it is played, it randomly chooses one of the sounds. Finally, in a pawn's properties, in Hidden, you tell it the names of the soundmultiples for different events.(Like Killedenemy, Friendlydown)