How to create clone dispensers

Started by reptile, May 27, 2011, 08:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reptile

Hey so I used a SBD dispenser and changed the prototype to clone trooper to spawn clones out of it. It spawns the clones but they dont move and I can walk right through them and also they are unaffected by any weapon...... there like ghost. How do I get it to be where they are solid like the average clone trooper?
{RC}ŠËV{LÐR}

Tycon

you back up a couple of classes in the actor brower to the PawnFactory. that can spawn any pawn

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

reptile

Can you explain that a little better like a step by step tutorial  :D?
{RC}ŠËV{LÐR}

Tycon

Don't  have the time right now, but I should be able to put it up within the week

reptile

ok thanks I will be waiting patiently  :)
{RC}ŠËV{LÐR}

Tycon

ok here goes.

in your map, add a pawnfactory. no dispensers. open the factory's properties. in the Events tab, set Tag to SpawnCTs (For Spawn Clone Troopers-which is what we we will be doing). In the factory tab, set capacity(if there is no cell named capacity then there is one sith a similar name-I don't really remember) to 5. Capacity is how many guys it will spawn. Set Maxalive and MaxinWorld each to 5. These say how many it will be in existence. Set SpawnDelay to .1. This is how long it will wait before spawning another. and finally, set Prototype to CloneTrooper. now the factory is done, but we need something to make it start.

Enter the Trigger. in the actor browser, goto Triggers>Trigger and add one. Open the trigger's properties. In Events, set the Event to SpawnCTs. in Object, set TriggerType to TT_Use. Build All and save. open your map in RC. go to where the trigger is and press 'F'. that will make it start.

reptile

Ok I got the clones to spawn by setting the trigger to any proximity but its kinda a problem with the map I am creating. I am creating a huge battle scene so I would need a few pawn factories at different points but the problem is I dont want to walk through my whole map to find and trigger each pawn factory. Is there a way to make the pawn factories activate as soon as the level begins?
And also I am thinking of spawning other actors besides clones; where would I find the tag for any chosen actor like the CT for clone that you gave me?   Thanks for this help :)
{RC}ŠËV{LÐR}

reptile

Ok I just put a pawn near the trigger to set it off. But the other thing is how do I find the tag names for other pawns like geonosians and battle droids and others like them?
{RC}ŠËV{LÐR}

Tycon

Well first off the thinf you put in Tag or Event has nothing to do with what spawns. the Prototype controls that. the Tag is the name you give it so you can link a factory to a trigger.

to have multiple factories: place your factories where you want them. place 1 trigger where you walk in. make all factories' Tags the same thing, like Attack1Factories. make the trigger's Event the same thing.

And also really try to get the hang of the whole Tag\Event thing, it shows up in other cool stuff.

reptile

Ok thanks I have been doing this for little over a year and I am learning as I go. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it!  :)
{RC}ŠËV{LÐR}

Tycon

and seeing your ideas about deathtroopers and all, when choosing bad guys to spawn, choose the CloneTrooper, not the CloneTrooperTM. the non-TM is better

reptile

Allright. Are you working on any maps right now? becuase I could use some help working on the deathtrooper map
{RC}ŠËV{LÐR}

Tycon

What exactly do you mean by help? Because I am working on a Single Player Maps For Dummies tutorial, which will have discriptions to the different things you will need to make a competent SP map.