Escape From Kashyyyk

Started by mekahn, March 05, 2007, 11:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mekahn

Speaking of single player mods I have been working on 1 it's called
Escape From Kashyyyk it's sort of like RC2 it's about Sev
and his encounter with a small squad of highly trained trendo slavers that are selling wookies off planet.So if any 1 can help I would like it.

DooFi

i was working on a similar thing, with the tiny difference Sev had been moved to a different planet. I'll soon try to commence working on it on a different computer, as RC's ED doesn't work here -.-

arramus

Hey mekahn. I'll help out with it anyway I can. It'll be great to see some more SP maps/mods in the community.

mekahn

thanks i will keep you informed :lol:

arramus

Quote from: "DooFi"i was working on a similar thing, with the tiny difference Sev had been moved to a different planet. I'll soon try to commence working on it on a different computer, as RC's ED doesn't work here -.-

Now that is great news. Having you up and running is always a good thing. Hurry up Nvidia and fix your drivers  :roll:

mekahn

witch one is better for the logo

or this one

arramus

The second one does it for me due to the image.

Squad_Sammaron

calm down folks. their is one major issue that has been (in my opinion) ignored and/or unhelpable. New wep anims cannot be made! edit the stats al you want, but i'm not to thrilled about playing an RC with "new weps" that are trully the same. you can only make this game if you plan on using no new anims. i don't wanna be bearer of bad news, but it had to come out eventually. TVEd does'nt work either due to a 'saftey error' (saftey error= we're to lazy to let you do this?!).

This in NO WAYS downplays the ability of trap uses and other non equipable weps. other pick ups (one that makes you invisible for example) are possible.

Now, for my good news. i'd be more than happy to help make models for the game and node path, and screw weps to make LA sick :D w/e you need me for i'm there (excluding working out legal stuff, which we might have to do; i think you can't use sounds already made by LA)

O yea, and i think that more tactical points (grappaling and hiding maybe) would improve gameplay as well. you, a commando you create (as in MP), assists SEV in escape instead of you BEING sev. A lil more work on third person wouldn't bug me either :D

So, tell me whatcha need :D

PS i've checked out Blender Game Engine, which is phenomenal. only flaw is that i can't seem to duplicate an object very well with 'script' (they made an EXTREMELY simple scripting function) and keep those actions on it. other wise, it's good
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

DooFi

Quote from: "Squad_Sammaron"Now, for my good news. i'd be more than happy to help make models for the game and node path, and screw weps to make LA sick :D w/e you need me for i'm there (excluding working out legal stuff, which we might have to do; i think you can't use sounds already made by LA)

O yea, and i think that more tactical points (grappaling and hiding maybe) would improve gameplay as well. you, a commando you create (as in MP), assists SEV in escape instead of you BEING sev. A lil more work on third person wouldn't bug me either :D

And how would you do all that? Eg the third person thingie?! Is it possible to save all that stuff within the map-file? is it actually possible to set up entirely new code?

explode

*breathing hard*
ANYTHING IS *gulp* POSSIBLE IN  REPUBLIC C-COMANDO..
Well, good talking it didn't make RC work..
I guess as long as your stuff isn't too cool, it should work just to save it to mylevel, or you could just create another folder..
Why would you need to code, If you just wanted to make new weapons..
I can do that fine...
(Check out www.expmod.tk)
The only thing I have trouble with is linking new projectiles to the inventory..
Well, anyway, cool mod, you should also make it so that there are scripted cutscenes and also make it so you can play as a wookie!
Just sayin...
Yeah, I could map and maybe model a lil' bit if you want me to (I suck at texturing)
YESTH!

Squad_Sammaron

NO FLIPPIN WAY!!!!!!! HOWDJA GET ANIMS INTO UNREALED!!!! GIMME TUTS!!! THAT'S FLIPPIN INSANE!!!

O, ya, doofi, i have no flippin idea about third person, but i figured someone here might :D i don't think coding would be involved though.

Wait a minute, did you actually make the animations for the AK in a 3rd party tool (like maya or XSI) or just mod the hud to look like you're holdin a wep butcher really holding a SMG covered up by AK?
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All