Project RC II

Started by VodeAn, April 30, 2007, 06:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VodeAn

ya you can download the mod now or wait a day or two to download a newer version, and does anyone know where I can host a 2 gig rar for free?

JanDeis

Quote from: "VodeAn"does anyone know where I can host a 2 gig rar for free?

:o You're kidding right!?

RC-1266

whats the difference between version 1 and 2?
if there are no big differences i dont want to download it again  :wink:
besides, you can split up you 2 gig rar
just use google and search for the program "the file splitter"
i dont remember how it works exactly, but you can find it out easily
you get one additional file, dont remove it 'cause without it you wont be able to make it one file again
besides i dont know if its possible to split files with that size, but you might give it a try
(peepz who want to download will need that prog too)

JanDeis

It lagged terribly for me.  I couldn't run into more than two Trandos without getting gutted.  But I would like to know how the recon commando from multiplayer was able to replace Scorch.

RC-1266

btw VodeAn can you tell what you have to do in a part of your old version?
you have some planet filled with plants, you have to snipe some of the guards in the towers and get inside sort of an underground temple (?). the temple is a maze and thats where im stuck; i dont know what to do next  :P
plz tell what you have to do coz i like your mod but after spending 3 hours in the maze i havent played it; i just didnt know what to do next

VodeAn

lmfao that's it that's where I left off in that release, lol, what do u think so far?

VodeAn

that tempel is the back entrance to the merc base in gamemap10. I never finished the cutscene so I understand your confusion, and dude! you got all the way through in that release?! wow I am seriously impressed,  their like 15 navpoints in the whole thing lmao! To anyone who enjoyed that release your going to find the next one incredible, everything is improved and I mean everything, weapons, audio, the ability to play the orinigal game, graphics, multiplayer levels (not from me),  voices, artificial intelligence, hidden stuff, and lag issues addressed (especially on gamemap12, but rember you still need a good system).
If anyone has time look at A-Ship and Stranglehold, my multiplayer levels, then compare them to my next release, you will see an incredible difference (i hope).

JanDeis

I wasn't able to play past the part where you run into the Trandos for the first time.  It lagged sooooo badly there.  I am running 1.5 gigs of RAM, a decent graphics card, and I really don't know any other specs on my system. :?

Should the next release be more friendly to me?  Also, is it like a sequel, or is it the same thing reworked?

RC-1266

well first a walked a while and when i had all ways i tried them again with a higher speed so the walking would take less time. pretty good mod, though i hoped it would be with delta squad looking for sev.

VodeAn

sorry about the lag on gamemap4, 5, and 12 its all improved in the next release, which continues this release and also improves on it. oh and ill hopefully have the next release done soon, i want to pack as many improvements in as possible, the version your playing is really crappy compared to the current version.

JanDeis

Cool, I'll have to check out the next release.  Gives me ideas on what I can do for some of my mods...

VodeAn

sure but start your own topic or pm id like to keep this thread on topic, by the way what did you think of the mod? Note: questions from RC1 will be answered, but in a slightly creative way.

RC-1266

o if you make a new release, i have a hint:
get rid of the KotOR music on that green planet!
i think it's quite annoying music

RC-1266

btw my favo part in your mod was the part in the republic assault ship when you have to go back and run into sort of a trando-trap; when you kill them all the whole floor is filled with trando's^
(^_^)/  lol  (^_^)/

JanDeis

Quote from: "RC-1266"o if you make a new release, i have a hint:
get rid of the KotOR music on that green planet!
i think it's quite annoying music

I like the sound tracks from KoTOR...

It was a really good mod, but it is a shame I couldn't finish it because of the terrible lag.  It needs zoning...