Karma Props

Started by powers2005, June 17, 2009, 09:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powers2005

Can any1 give me a quick rundown on what karma props are? i've seen them mentioned everywhere, but have no idea what they do (i'm quite new, so if this is a noobish question, fel free to rub it in my face  :lol:).
"Initiate door breach, commando"  Delta 38

"You\'re only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"  Michael Caine

The gamer also known as DexausMelmac

Meatshield

karma actors are actors that have simulated physical properties i.e when a force acts on them such as a player walking into them or them being shot they will move according to how they are set up in unrealed, gfor example they can be set to be heavier, or have higher friction with surfaces.

powers2005

so like if you shoot it it will fall over or something?
"Initiate door breach, commando"  Delta 38

"You\'re only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"  Michael Caine

The gamer also known as DexausMelmac

Sandcrawler

They will react in some form when you shoot them.

I wouldn't try using them in multiplayer they don't work very good. I can't think of anyplace they used them in single player but admitingly its been since the game came out since I have played single player.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

RC-1266

Yeah you will probably have trouble making them visible in MP, I could tell as soon as I get my UnrealEd to work. Still it had the problem that it made the map quite laggy, and when placed too many of them some randomly went invisible for clients until shot at.

In singleplayer they are used at various locations, like the chairs in the detention areas from the ghostship, but themakers didn't spam with karmaprops so they are not that easy to find.