weapon sounds

Started by justinas91, March 18, 2008, 08:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinas91

is there a way to replace the original weapons sounds with those wich you want without edditing with unrealeditor just to replace those sound files
and where could i faind those sound files that i cud replace them?

Sh4rpSh00t3r

Upload the sound file and rename it to be the weapon sound you want to replace (i think you also need to transfer property information from file to file aswell)

justinas91

and where to place them?

Sh4rpSh00t3r

the weapon sounds folder..

oh and i forgot that you (not saying you can) could possibly just replace the sounds in the properties of the weapon but doing it that way would mean not being able to play MP.

justinas91

do i have to create it if so were? because in the sound folder there isnt a weapon folder

JanDeis

You would probably have to find the weapon's properties to check which sound(s) it uses.  Then find that file and replace it with whatever you want there.  Or, if the file you want is already in there (ie. like changing the sniper sound to the pistol sound), then find that sound file you want and tell the weapon property to use that sound file.

Genesis

Since changing the sounds in the editor means you can't play in MP, do it in a campaign map.