floating from elevators

Started by loki, June 27, 2006, 09:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loki

In my recent map i have a large elevator. When it descends and the player looks around, he floats and then falls and hurts himself. Wondering if any of you know how to fix that.

Sandcrawler

The only way I know how is you make a physics zone around it, and bump the gravity pull on it was up, so like -2200 instead of -1100 I dunno what number will work the best, just see what works best for you and your map. Thats the only way I know of thow =
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

loki

thank you for the suggestion :P  Unfortunately it hasn't fixed the problem. It just means the player dies when they fall

DooFi

I know the bug you're talking about. It happened to almost every Elevator i created at all, but i didn't really care about fixing it lol. Must have something to do with the Karma-Physics-Engine, so probably you can find something karma/physics related in the mover/SM-properties.

Ferraridude

dang, how fast does this elevator go? lol, the lifted elevators are the best! it's awesome going up faster than rocket speed.

Dagger

Look down.
Dagger - "The Professional"

Freelance Rifle Artist

"I bow to no one, and give service only for cause."
-Boba Fett

Squad_Sammaron

i dont think it has ta do with the karma engine poop (lol that stuffs complicated). but about the Wily Kayote (???!!! lol you know that thing on road runner!) fallin issue, id say that phys things crank it way up there... if not... well... i guess you could make an invisible elevator come down from the top to keep pushing you down... but then you couldnt jump and stuff... :D make it go slower i say.
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

.:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater

This happens to me all the time, unfortunately I don't know how to fix it. But like DooFi, I never really wanted to fix it.
In-game name: Genesis