Gravity Switch

Started by Danny, July 22, 2008, 11:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny

Is it posible to make a switch that turns on and off gravity in a certain zone? If so how?

Sandcrawler

I dunno about this one, but if you can in the properties view for the gravity zone there should be a tigger section to it if you can toggle it, and a few other options.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Danny

Also is it possible to make a trigger, so hwn a player presses use it plays a sound?

Sandcrawler

Yes, that is how the elevators work in the default game...well kinda they play the sound after you press the button, I'd take a look at how I did it in Hidden Base or look at one of the original maps.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Danny

The one thing that im having trouble with is what would be my first event on the tirgger. On the blastshields they have WaitForEvent "ST_Life_Base_Red" or sumthing like that.

Sandcrawler

I don't remember but the first trigger will be a trigger toggle. Then you have that set off a mover, then the mover sets off the sound, and if you want the push you action button message its a few other triggers linked togeather you you go into the area of it.

Sorry I'm not much help, I haven't used triggers for a while.

Danny

Okay...I got it to play sounds when some1 presses use, now my problem is importing music. It says .wav files, so i converted the song i wanted and imported, but it is just silent. I found on a site that it needs .it .s3m or .xm files, but how do i gte those....?

Sandcrawler

I'm not sure, if you google it you can probably find something.

I've never tried getting new sound into RC.

Ha'aj

I've been working with using triggers to changen the gravity in a certain zone and I think you need to use scripted triggers.  I give a tut when or if I figure it out.