Importing Sounds

Started by Danny, April 19, 2009, 05:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny

I have figured out how to import sounds(like music) into maps, so I was wondering if you guys wanted a tutorial?

Sandcrawler

Sure, I'm sure somebody would use it, if you do one you can post it here on email it to me and I'll add it to the website.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Danny

Before importing sounds, we need a map to put them into. Make a 256x256x512 box. Texture it with whatever texture you want and add lighting and a spawn.

Next we are going to have to add afew triggers. To do this open up the Actor Class Browser(the one that looks like a pawn). Then go to Actor->Triggers->Then select Trigger. Add two of these all in the same general area as one another. Next, we need two scripted triggers. For this go to Actor->AIScript->ScriptedSequence->Then highlight ScriptedTrigger and place two by the other two normal triggers.

Now we are going to take a break from the triggers and imprt some music into the editor. To do this, we are going to need to download a music converter file called dBpowerAMP Music Converter. It can be found at this link http://www.dbpoweramp.com/download.htm . One you have this downloaded this, open it up. As soon as you open it up, a window will open that is a browsing window. Browse for the file you want to convert and click open. Now, a conversion window will come up. The options you need are:

Once you have these setting selected, click convert and wait for it to convert. Once you have the file converted, head back to UnRealEd.
Once in the editor, open up the sound browser(the one that looks like a speaker with sound coming out of it).  Then click File->Import-> Browse and Select Your file. After this screen, another one will come up with options on it. For this type in the following:
 
Package type in: myLevel
Group: Leave Blank
Name: Whatever you want.
Then click okay. To test if your music worked, select it and click the play button. If you don’t hear anything then you messed uo somewhere.
Now, you may be asking, how do I put this into my map? To do this, we are going to use those triggers we added earlier.
Select one of the scripted triggers. Go to AIScript-> Actions. Then add steps until you have 4. The first step is labled “0” so your last step should be “3”. Type in the following to each step:
0- WaitForEvent  "ST_Play_Music", -1, False, ""
1- PlaySound  Sound'myLevel.insertsoundnamehere', 1, "None", False, False, SLOT_Misc, ""
2- TriggerEvent  "Music", ""
3- GotoAction  0, ""
Now select the other ScriptedTrigger and make it so you have 3 steps (it will be labled as #2). For each step type the following:
0- WaitForEvent  "ST_TriggerMessagex", -1, False, ""
1- ShowPrompt  "Press @ to Play insertnamehere", ("Use | onrelease StopUse"), 2, False, True, True, ""
2- GotoAction  0, ""
Now select a non-scripted trigger and go to “Events” and type “ST_Play_Music” in the “Event” spot. Then for the last trigger (the other non-scripted one) go to events and type “ST_TriggerMessagex” in the same spot.
Congratulations! You have now added music to your map. Go test it out, if it doesn’t work email me at mailto:dannycow@gmail.com">dannycow@gmail.com .

Edit: I didnt spell check this so I hope people dont mind afew typos >.<

Danny