Inground bomb!

Started by explode, December 14, 2006, 06:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

explode

I was just looking for ideas on how to do this...

I got the triggerable explosion down, but my problem is that I put karma actors in the ground, but cannot figure out how to "push" them away when the bomb explodes..
Anyway, any ideas on how to "push" the karma actors out would be greatly apreciated.

DooFi

forget the karma actors. they don't work in MP.

.:[LoC]:.Darth^Tater

This would be really interesting if someone figures out a way to do this.
In-game name: Genesis

Squad_Sammaron

y use karma actors? also, if you wanna do scripts, there's a super.destroy function.
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

explode

Ohh...
ok...
well, then i guess just triggerable explosion...

Squad_Sammaron

IDEA! hehe :D i'm a genius :D if the bomb is underground, why make it? just make a trigerable splosion in a zone that deals damage or w/e. if you had to get rid of it, make it a mover, so when you step on it, it activates explosion, then zooms down.

explode

I'm using props, all that mover stuff makes it look, um, FAKE!

yeah just put a trigger with the top of its collision enough above ground so when u step on it, BOOM!

Squad_Sammaron

:D lol the movers wouldn't make it look fake, make it move to one spot in .0005 seconds. :D thats easy :D

I've got it!! Well actually, I'm not really proud of myself cuz all I did was find an SP map with one of those proximity mines, copied it into my map and configured the properties. So now when you walk in a certain area, it beeps than explodes.

But before I did that, I wanted to trigger the grenade projectile. So I'm wondering, how do you trigger an SM that's not a mover? Cuz when I put the GrenadeProj in the map, it explodes right away when I play it, even when I set up all the event and tag stuff with the triggers. So if we want to make a mine out of scratch, we need to find that out. But for now use my way, because if you look for the proximity mine in the SM's, it's there but it doesn't have any of the default properties that the real ones that actually explode have.