Need major help!!!!

Started by zeix72, August 04, 2010, 09:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeix72

I need major help in making a COD5 Nazi zombies map. I like to think myself as a great mapper but this project has stumped me and stopped further production. I am using trando berserkers for the zombies. When i make a pawn factory to keep making more it doesnt work and gets really frustrating. So i tried making a droid factory that makes berserkers but then they just float there. The windows for zombies entry are just to hard for me to calibrate correctly. Im hopping that someone can help me on this.
That's a whole Bowlful of FAIL!!!

Sandcrawler

I'm not sure on this, I've never worked with the AI in Republic Commando.

Are you testing on single player? or multiplayer? I don't know if anyone got the AI to work in MP last I knew they had a tendency to just stand there even with path nodes down.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

zeix72

At first i was trying multiplayer for the "Coopexperience" but that was a disaster so i said screw it and made it single player but then the one and only actually sort of working "zombie" wont go to the god damn window so i dont even know if the window works. And then normal pawn factorys not droid dispencers wont work. I got these to work in a different map buy now i cant remember how and copying them doesnt work either. Shoild i continue to try ?

zeix72

Also can some one tell me how to make lighting flicker all spooky like cause when i set it to it doesnt

zeix72

Oh and i got AI to work in one of my other maps so if you want me to post the map then tell me how

Slaughter

To make a flickering light you need to go to the actors browser>light>dynamic or ambient light(either works)>add to your level> right click> select properties>  go down to lighting> lighting type, and choose LT_Flicker...   I've tested it, in my levels and it works for me, hope u can get it to work..  :D

Tycon

To make the pawn factory to turn on you dubbleclik on the factory, go to events, and click on Tag. Type in an appropiate name like ZombieAttack2 then you put down a trigger, adjust the collisionradius, then go to the trigger's events, and type ZombieAttack2 in Event

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D