Sandcrawler Network Website is Up!

Started by Sandcrawler, March 28, 2009, 12:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandcrawler

Alright so as you have probably noticed if you are reading this...that the new website is up.

So the first order of business is...to warn you of any impending bugs, you may run into a  few while using the website, dead link, broken pages ect. I'd really like to know about them. I think I fixed a lot of them, but I don't doubt that there are more.

Second...We currently have two theme's in use. The Sandcrawler Network style that you are more than likely using right now. And the RCMod style that you can change to. The RCMod style is dedicated to the RC Mod Site, and you won't have the navigation for the Sandcrawler Network part of the website, although the pages still work fine and can be navigated to. Both are nice in my opinion. You can change your style by going into you User Control Panel > Board preferences > and selecting RCMod from the drop down list labeled "My board style:"

Third...The Republic Commando server is now up, and the Map pack is now out. So pick up the package and hop on the server. here. I recommend that you download the Map Pack even if you already have all the maps. A few of them received some setting changes.

The Last thing is...over the coming few weeks I will be making some more changes to the website, little tweaks and stuff. so don't be afraid when you come on and something is different.

O and this site will officially be announced on April First.

Have Fun
- Sandcrawler
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

hunt ankou

I've just got to say you should have kept with the first 1

Sandcrawler

Your the first one who has said that, why did you like the first one better?

I like this one better, its easier to update and change, and it uses the phpbb styles so changes made to that are applied sitewide. With the old website I had to download the file and edit it to chaneg some, for words that not bad, but changing the whole site layout meant downloading all of the files and changing each one. Also things like the download section would have been harder to do under the old site. There is a diffrent layout that you can use, that is themed just for Republic Commando, its black and has some other RC things. I said how to change to it in the post. you might like that one better.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

hunt ankou

;)  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  well, the site theme. no republic cammando stuff? This looks like
E-bay

Sandcrawler

Did you change it to the RCMod style? and this site isn't modeled off of ebay at all. Its a default phpbb theme with several changes.

This website isn't going to be just RC anymore, I'm thinking of doing two different websites on here in addition. A tourny script like what ER had, and possibly a browser based game. So I couldn't make the main style RC only. This site may also behometo a TF2 and L4D server as well.

Cipher

I know this is off-topic...i cant find out how to post new topics anymore...but I'm making a new RC mod site with my friend, and we need more people.  This won't have the sandcrawler mods on it, jsut mods that the peopel there make.  

www.rcmaps.webs.com