=\ Other Games?

Started by Sandcrawler, February 10, 2007, 06:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandcrawler

I was thinking of what to do with this site, because RC is obviously dieing, and with the new FPS coming out (that are worth getting) like Battlefield 2142, UT07, and other games like that. Why not expand to include other games?

I will most likely be mapping for BF2142 and then UT07, I know some people talked about mapping for AA as well.

With a little big of restructure we could expand to include these games and more.

If this gets a good view from everybody I will go ahead and start restructering things, if not then the site will continue to die with RC.

We would redo the Mapping page to include the other games tutorials, and finaly get more stuff on the models and texture page, along with all the toher pages, we would also have a section for each agme on the forums. The tutorials would all be user created, and hopefuly we could get a structure on them so the go easy to harder stuff.

~Sandcrawler

Let me know what you guys think.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Dark Lord

ill probably never stop modding until i simply am too busy to do so, i like it and i always have a group of friends to play them with, RC was said by us in DTS to die almost a year ago, yet the community is now larger than it was when we left for halo
its simply a small game thats going to stay that way but death is probobly far off
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

explode

I think we should keep the RC section alive, but having other games would be nice too...
I think we should keep it to Unreal powered games (other than UT, there are lots of sites for that) like AA.
AA would be a good idea cause it's free and uses Ued, so we wouldn't have too much of a learning curve.
Like Dark Lord, I will never stop modding!

Sandcrawler

Rc has always beena  small game, but now there are even less amout of servers, and no recruits. TR has a RC section, but there is almost nobody in it, so I'm pretty much done with RC, might release a few more maps to hit the 30 mark, but nothing like I had been doing.

I thought about keeping it to UT powered games, but I don't know of alot of them that give out the editor.

I want to support UT07, simply because we are a small community, and some people will prefer it over the other ones, also alot of sites for UT04 will most likely be slow to convert to the new engine and that editor.

There is no way I will ever remove the RC part, thats were we started, and I wont get rid of that. Can somebody post me a link to the AA editor, or anythign on that, so I can download it. I will open a setion for that a bit later.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

DooFi

i don't think the plan regarding UT3 will come up, as there are lots and lots of UT mapping communities and they all started supporting the new unreal engine. It's pretty unlikely that a new forum will have any chance. Keeping it to UE games would be cool, especially because it's pretty much the only editor i can handle^^, but there are simply too many mapping communities out there, offering tutorials, tips and tricks and so on.

Squad_Sammaron

whoaaaa hold up fellas. American Army is free?! the game or the editor? also, could you use the Editor in succesion wid Rc's UE, I.E. play AA maps on RC? if not, if both map files are .utx or .3d, then you should just have to plant the maps into the map section in the RC folder. I've been needin a less Glitchy UE, but i'm not to fond of Real guys, real bullets games. I'm more the 'never-gunna-happen' gamer, so could AA's UE be used to import stuff that won't work in RC's UE and then just place the already data-packed anim file (assuming you were importing anims) and place it in RC's UE anim section? that'd just make my day :D
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

DooFi

Quote from: "Squad_Sammaron"whoaaaa hold up fellas. American Army is free?! the game or the editor? also, could you use the Editor in succesion wid Rc's UE, I.E. play AA maps on RC? if not, if both map files are .utx or .3d, then you should just have to plant the maps into the map section in the RC folder. I've been needin a less Glitchy UE, but i'm not to fond of Real guys, real bullets games. I'm more the 'never-gunna-happen' gamer, so could AA's UE be used to import stuff that won't work in RC's UE and then just place the already data-packed anim file (assuming you were importing anims) and place it in RC's UE anim section? that'd just make my day :D
afaik it's free, yes. But I also know, you cannot import custom Meshes into the editor. Probably not even textures. So I guess it sucks badly. And in addition, it's an american propaganda-"I want you!"-type of game that was designed to make people join the army oO...

Squad_Sammaron

yea i checked it out. not a real mod type thing,

mekahn

Why not use splinter cell now that has a cool unreal editor.

DooFi

Quote from: "mekahn"Why not use splinter cell now that has a cool unreal editor.

F*ck Splinter Cell Double Agent! I was so impatient for this game! It was released in November 2k6, if i'm not mistaken. It ran very slowly on my old PC. The graphics sucked. Now I have a new PC and guess what: Nvidia Drivers are crapped up and I cannot play it AT ALL. Fuck it... Multiplayer works by the way o_O

Ubisoft suck my balls. Ubi the left ball, Soft the right ball

Squad_Sammaron

O.o what ever happend to good old fact for fact instead of vulgar, barbaric stuff

DooFi

Quote from: "Squad_Sammaron"O.o what ever happend to good old fact for fact instead of vulgar, barbaric stuff
:P
Come on, it doesn't run on the second most expensive Card out there oO That is really embarrassing and awkward, if you ask me.
Hope it will work sometime, but atm Nvidia seems to care for the Vista drivers, which don't want to work either. rofl... ironic, isnt it

mekahn

IĆ¢€™m talking about Pandora tomorrow.It only takes
a v1.1 pic shader or better.

DooFi

but are there even people who play PT? I mean, it's SC2 and right now we have 4...

Squad_Sammaron

Heck, why not though? we could make some stealthier levels and what not, and the more the merrier right? There's a lot of UT and BF and FPS mod sights like that, but you don't see many like this. i just say put it all together, somebody will do it. also, doesn't PT have muuuuuuuuuch better AI? we could copy code and stuff, and probably manage maps and SM's. i recall some pretty nifty gadgets too