easier Water thing

Started by Squad_Sammaron, November 11, 2006, 08:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squad_Sammaron

ok most people do water by doin that wierd thing with the ugly water tex and makin a no grav zone cause the water maker doesnt work, right? well ya. watcha gotta do is copy the water from Detention onto your map. right click it (this can take some clicks)and select actor properties. then set it's object>group to None. then build all. it will no longer flicker. now you can open up it's fluid surface sub-option and change it's fluidx and fluidy. to change it's z, drawscale z it (display>drawscale 3d>drawscale z.) and there you have it :D you still gotta make the no grav section, but it makes the water splash and look good :D
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

DooFi

o rly?^^
Have a look at DM/CTF-Oasis. We discussed that in the old forums very often. Its a pity that you cannot create new Fluid Surfaces, but have to copy from detention and then modify it. Creating a new one would be much quicker, but UED crashes everytime I try it :biggrin:

Squad_Sammaron

O.o really? i thought i made a new amazing discovery.... lol :D last time i was 'round, you all were copying the whole group, deleting everything but water, and recopying for more area :D
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All