Shattering glass?

Started by RC-1266, December 27, 2008, 12:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC-1266

Does anybody know how you can make glass shatter when you melee-hit or shoot it?

Dark Lord

as far as creating it, i have no idea. but if u want to have breakable glass i would suggest using the stuff from the anti air turret geonosis level, where you are closing the windows on the geo warriors, and then just resize and retexture to what you desire
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

RC-1266

Thanks for the response, but i didn't use it.

For all other people who want to know:

Make a window-static mesh first
Make a sheet, give it a glass texture (I prefer UpperKashyyyk_Textures > Unique > skyclouds2), right mouseclick on the blue brush > Convert > To Static Mesh.
Give it a name etc, place it in your level, convert it to brush, place the brush over the static mesh, select both, right mouseclick > Save Brush As Collision.
Tab 'c' to check if the collision looks right if you want.
Note: Static mesh-sheets can not be two-sided, so you have to manually flip a copy of the brush over the original one an save both as one piece of glass. This only is needed if you want players be able to see the other side of one window.
Note2: The 'flipping point' must be in the middle of the mesh, not in one of the corners, because it will be the middle of the animation. When having the flipping point in a corner, so will the animation be.

Now make it a prop with the right settings
Select the static mesh now, right mouseclick > level interactivity tools > upgrade to prop.
Go to the Actor Properties > Prop.
Now change the Health to a number (I use 50, it's easy to destroy it now).
Also in Prop, edit DestroyedState > Transition Effect from None to WindowShattering(Blablabla).
And last but not least, go to Actor Properties > Advanced and change TypeOfMaterial from MT_None to MT_Glass for the weapon impact effects (little pieces of glass will fall off before the glass shatters).

If I didn't forget anything it should be a destroyable window now.
It took me some time to find out, but I have shatterable windows now :twisted: muhahahaha!!!!