automatic map downloads from server.

Started by Meatshield, June 21, 2009, 02:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meatshield

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/UnrealCacheLists.html

would be awesome if this was set up on a mod map server, would mean players wouldnt have to trawl though heaps of sites and go through the process of installing map files to play...

or is this not possible in the RC engine?

Judge

That'd be awesome, nonetheless I don't think that it will be possible on RepCom.

Danny

There is an option to allow it if you type "preferences" in consol. I never got it to work though.

Sandcrawler

I wish, then people would actualy play them. This is one of the things that has always made me unhappy with RC, Lucasarts should have released another patch for the game that added the Admin Controls for the server, message of the day ect. And the download and redirect support. In Killing Floor it works fine, and a 10mb map compresses down to around 3-4mb.

I've tried setting up a motd and redirect downloads before, and admin for that matetr and none of them work. They pulled the packages out for the Xbox version and that is basicly what we have.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Judge

Quote from: "Sandcrawler"I wish, then people would actualy play them. This is one of the things that has always made me unhappy with RC, Lucasarts should have released another patch for the game that added the Admin Controls for the server, message of the day ect. And the download and redirect support. In Killing Floor it works fine, and a 10mb map compresses down to around 3-4mb.

I've tried setting up a motd and redirect downloads before, and admin for that matetr and none of them work. They pulled the packages out for the Xbox version and that is basicly what we have.
Lucas Art does not seems to really care that much about RC... They made only one patch for the game a few years ago.

Dark Clone Volo

it is possible now, for local player but at 10ko/bit

rc's script shit.. they just mod unreal to creat repcom , and the engineers are faggot when they make the game >.<

now all player need to know there is few players trying to upgrade this game...
<i>ID --> Xfire  = v0l0  --> Msn = http://darkclone.servegame.org/