SP Rescue

Started by M3rl1n, April 24, 2007, 02:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3rl1n

Well it’s been about a year I think, but I’m back (after an unexpected hiatus) and getting into RC mapping again (having to read my own tutorials because I’ve forgotten so much :P)

Anyway, as the title suggest currently working on an SP map, still fairly early; some screens:

By the way, it's nice to see this site still around :)

Shockjaw

THat looks so good how far are you in completion

explode

Immpresive!

{MotR}Weapon

Hot damn!  :o  :)

Shockjaw

I am now posting with my Wii i think it is cool

M3rl1n

Thanks guys, really appreciate it :D It’s about 1/6 to 1/5 completed at this point; still quite a bit to go but it’s coming along fairly quickly.

arramus

Hi M3rl1n,

Good to see a new MIP on the forums and I hope you'll stick around as it brings much needed life to the community. SP mapping certainly allows for a lot more than we can get in MP and just by looking at your screenies I can see some of those extras already included.

Shockjaw

well I just want to know what will this extra thing for single player be like, well can you tell us what you do in this SP (not anything like you kill enemies) like the mission I know it is Rescue but who are you rescuing

M3rl1n

Quote from: "arramus"Hi M3rl1n,

Good to see a new MIP on the forums and I hope you'll stick around as it brings much needed life to the community. SP mapping certainly allows for a lot more than we can get in MP and just by looking at your screenies I can see some of those extras already included.
This is the first of 4 maps I have planned as sort of an intro to get back into RC/Unreal mapping so at the moment I’m planning to stick around for quite awhile :)

Quote from: "Shockjaw"well I just want to know what will this extra thing for single player be like, well can you tell us what you do in this SP (not anything like you kill enemies) like the mission I know it is Rescue but who are you rescuing
Basic idea: it’s a hostage rescue. Trando mercs hired by sep forces have taken a number of Kamino scientists captive and are in route to make the drop-off. The republic intercepts and disables the ship and Delta boards to recover the hostages.

Mission starts with the boarding operation, there will most likely be an opening cinematic and briefing before that to give the player a complete rundown of the operation like in RC's single player.

Hybrid_Soldier196

cool! lookin good..and finally SP maps...YAY!

M3rl1n

Thanks again, guys :) Some new screens:

**Spoiler Warning**

(I guess since this is an SP map I should warn that anything I show in this thread is likely to contain spoilers of some kind.)

Shockjaw

lol I always love what sev and scorch say heheh

M3rl1n

New screens are up on the front page of my website //http://www.leveldesign101.com (scroll down for latest shots).

They contain spoilers so I'm not going to post them here (plus it'll keep this thread from overloading with images!) but if you’re not worried about it feel free to head over there and check them out.

The first map is very close to completion and will be releasing it as soon as it's done. Originally I intended to have these as single map missions but because of the size/complexity it looks like I'll be dividing it into at two seperate maps.

DooFi

this is f*cking amazing! At last someone who knows his stuff!

Shockjaw

OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO BE RELEASED HOW MUCH LEFT, HOW MUCH LEFT!!??