sp mapping help!!

Started by speedycheese, June 30, 2010, 08:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedycheese

in omt_01a a trando says were to find sev.
or in ai_domination yoda com will say things.
how do i do that and trigger it to happen so it looks like a charecter is saying it or use it as hints.
how do u make friendly by default units unfriendly to u in single player.
(when i say single player i meen a map i made and loaded through sp so it functioned like a sp map.
[size=150]Speedycheese[/size]             

Prepare For Hard Contact

frazscotland

i think its the subtitles pages in the system folder but also you kan save it in the map but i dont know how . 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Darktrooper

in OMT_01 I cheated. I used a use trigger if I remember right, I'll look to be sure. I set it in front of where I had the Trando spawn and as you get close to him the use trigger message displays. So instead of saying use this lizard, I had the trigger actually say what the lizard was saying  <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

*UPDATE* It was in fact a proximity trigger and I made a screenie to let you see the settings i used to make it. Hope it helps  <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

frazscotland

thats kool so you can also do it with mp maps. cos ive never seen it or maybe only once on a mp map 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Darktrooper

Never attempted it in mp map, but as the triggr isn't tied to anything I wouldn't see why it can't work there as well.

speedycheese

in mp it comes up as

server: bla bla bla

in the erea where chat is.
[size=150]Speedycheese[/size]             

Prepare For Hard Contact