Crater

Started by RC-1266, July 04, 2008, 03:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC-1266

Danny came a while ago with an idea for my newest project; a co-op level in an outpost, loosely based on this game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US7vmRdJ ... re=related
So i made an outpost, filled with geo's that have to be killed, which can be done with multiple persons in multiplayer deathmatch.
I also enclosed two empty versions (without geo's) for regular dm and ctf.

NOTE: switch the kill limit setting for coop to none, or you "win the match" after the number of kills you've set  :wink:

Sandcrawler

This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

pigogoose

can you help me i dont know how to get on map XD sorry im new

RC-1266

first you download it and extract the file (check if it installs into the right directory).
after that you start a game and you hit the `~ key.
for ctf and as you type:
open ctf_crater
for dm and td you type:
open dm_crater

in this case i added a co-operative map, which you can open in deathmatch and work with other players to kill all geonosians.
to ope it it deathmatch you type:
coop_crater

pigogoose

DUDE THAT BOARD WAS AWESOME DO YOU THINK YOU COULD HELP ME MAKE A MAP??? WELL HOW AND WHAT TO USE  :oops:  :D  :mrgreen:

RC-1266

QuoteDUDE THAT BOARD WAS AWESOME
what board?  :?

QuoteDO YOU THINK YOU COULD HELP ME MAKE A MAP
i could, but why should i if theres already a tutorial? :P
http://sandcrawler.net/rcmod/tutorials/1.html

pigogoose

the crater one lol, but i dont know how to make a ground or people. and is it possiblie to make the people really big and have a lot of health like a boss?  ;)  :)  :D  :roll:  mostly cuz me and my neibor want to make a huge boss and we wohuold have a lot of sevs and scorchs XD against one huge heavygunner geonosin thing...or if you know how you could make it  =] =]  :D  :D  :D  :geek:   :mrgreen:  just asking :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  oh ya i forgot my xfire is hamwarrior  :roll:

RC-1266

The ground is just a substracted huge box, with the all the sides except the floor a "fake backdrop"setting and a skybox
http://sandcrawler.net/rcmod/tutorials/9.html

The "placing people" can be done by opening Actor Class > Pawns, you can select now any of the SWRC characters by expending those folders.

I think it must be possible to set the health very high, by adding "bones" to the "damagemultipliers" in the actor properties of one of those pawns.
After adding all the bones you should give them a low score, like 0,5 (2x as hard to kill) or 0,25 (4x as hard to kill).
I never tried though, but i think it must be possible to do it that way.

I recommend you doing just some tutorials, but ill add you to my xfire.

pigogoose

can you help me, how do you put guys on map i cant figure it out  :?  :?  :?  :cry:

RC-1266

OK, for example, you want to place a trandoshan;

Go to the Actor Class browser, by clicking the pawn-icon, which is on top of your screen between the binoculairs and the big G.
Now click
  • Actor
  • Pawn
  • CTPawn
  • *Trandoshan
  • *TrandoshanMercenary
   *TrandoshanMercYYYUp

Rightclick on the floor someplace in your map where you want him, and select Add TrandoshanMercYYYUp Here.
Now a cute green trando will appear.

a$$a$$IN

Sand crawler everytime i want to download it i click the link but it doesent come up so please can you make a file in RCs name with his maps after viewing it myself i would think he deserves one and i hope peeps still come on this site

Sandcrawler

I don't have the maps on here, other than in the Map Packs. He was going to add them when I first changed to this system, but didn't have time, and I haven't had time to do much of anything to any of my website for the past few weeks.

But I've asked for help getting RC maps on here before, and nobody was interested. I'll have to see if I still have my script to add a bunch of maps and make a post about it again.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

a$$a$$IN

Ok i see , i think your old download style was better than the new one

Sandcrawler

I don't, I think this one needed to be updated, I don't really care for RC anymore so I don't spend much time doing anything. So few of people play the maps anyways.

Anyways I updated the download script today to what Killing Floor Mode site has, its a far updated version of the last script, its alot easier to use, and has other things such as support for Map reviews, and updated maps you have uploaded. The drawback is that is uses your username, and won't let you upload a file as somebody else. But I'll post some instructions about that.

pizzaboy314

dude how did you get the geos to not fight each other? that's crazy
-PizzaBoy-