Cfx

Started by Gregor, November 28, 2006, 06:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor

Cfx
Pls tell me about Cfx (Like the 3 gunships :****) and Triggers... I mean that when i walk into the trigger, The animation will start and keep repeating in about 1 minute...

If its posible ofc :p

DooFi

umm yea.. what are you talking about? xD

btw you're lucky I activated your account, since there are many spambots with RL-Names around. :wink:

Gregor

I mean that The Cfx (Animation of explosions and other) With the 3 Gusnhips (In Particle SYstem)
is playing only once... It doesnt repeat... So where in the props option i can Set the timer betwen 1st time its played and the 2nd time...

My english isnt perfect ;f

DooFi

I guess you mean SFX (Special Effects). But unfortunately I can't help you with that :/

CLONECOMMANDER501

Dude, he does mean CFX, I have seen it myself. I have been wondering that myself, i guess you have to set a start and end point for the CFX. The only CFX I ever used was the Geo fighter one.

Darktrooper

Yea the cfx are the animated flybys and walkers in game. It's been awhile since I've mapped Unreal so I have to relearn what I forgot. :oops: However, I've been going into the UE website and searching for all the stuff I need there. Heres the link, I hope it helps: http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/WebHome.html

Spuz

I was messing around with how to make emitters visible to clients and i found this out. Also if you wanted more ships to fly around, you can increase the # of particles emitted at one time. By setting RespawnDeadParticles to true, it automatically will send out a new particle as soon as one dies...or soon after.

My maps: ForestCorridor             Pizzaria
{MotR}Spuzzy{ZetVCom}

DooFi

Quote from: "Spuz"I was messing around with how to make emitters visible to clients and i found this out. Also if you wanted more ships to fly around, you can increase the # of particles emitted at one time. By setting RespawnDeadParticles to true, it automatically will send out a new particle as soon as one dies...or soon after.

Actually, I think who can't tell that from the value's names, shouldn't work with UED^^ It's already pretty obvious what the values do.

Also I believe that the emitter-blockage for MP is not in the emitters themselves, but somewhere in the core of the game. UT2k4 prohibits some things like Karma for MP too...