Black screen in UnrealEd and not able to move :0

Started by RC-1266, October 14, 2009, 03:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC-1266

Hey, I've been away for a while, but I decided to pick up mapping again since I'm doing a game design study now.

After finally getting UnrealEd started up without crashing, I encountered another problem; all my viewports are black, instead of the usual 3 grey grids with topdown, side and frontview, and one with a blue grid. Or purple maybe, who cares, I'm a little colorblind.
I tried numerous things to fix, but none of them helped; it's not the same white screen error you can have, so it can't be fixed by resetting the viewports.
I have no grid, no ortographic projections.

Because I got a little rusty I re-read the tutorial about movement xD, but moving forward and upwards doesn't work anymore. I can still turn left, right up and down and rotate my view.
When I click my left mouse button and drag it forward, I wont move, nor I'll move up or down when pressing both mouse buttons with dragging.
I'm not able to find some sort of configuration interface, though I looked for one.

Does someone here know how to fix these problems? I would be very pleased :D

darkvengence25

Edit>Viewports>Configure

Pick a setup.

If not just reinstall :[

RC-1266

Thanks, but I did both already... and they don't work :/

darkvengence25

Are you running any applications while running unreal? Also, I heard something about people with vista having trouble with UnrealEd. I'm not sure, I'll look up something else.

RC-1266

Yeah some of the programs that pop up by default like Steam or Rockstar Social Club. But I had problems opening it before so I did the editing in the UnrealEd.ini to switch bumpmapping of and the other thingy to 0.
So I was happy it started up, but pissed I still couldn't do anythign without it.

Sandcrawler

Did you try moving or deleteing that unrealed.ini file? then it will generate a new one. it might work.

You have the viewports there...just nothing loading in them. Did you change the Render mode or anything (can't think of where it is atm)
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

RC-1266

Ow that's great... Now UnrealEd won't even open anymore...
I also had some trouble with the game itself, so I had to make SecuROM send me a new SWRepublicCommando.exe..... I guess I'll install the game on a computer that works, patch it, and then try to move the whole folder to my Vista computer.

EDIT: Ow that's just great. Now my RC game won't even START =.=
EDIT 2: Reinstalled, the game works now, still the same issues with UnrealEd
EDIT 3: Finally got it to work now. Now I'll continue with my projects like openoffice and order 66 until it crashes again XD