ok, as you may know i am making a game

Started by only1lft, September 02, 2006, 06:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

only1lft

Ok, listen up if you can write basic unreal scrips, mod weapons, or create new actors, static meshes, or characters your help is required. This is a 12 areas (area= +/-5 maps?) multi-map game mod that totally changes RC, I have the 1st 3 maps almost done and I'm using blender for cutscenes. any help would be appreciated, and your work will get your name on it in the final game but... I hold ALL the copyright restrictions. so basically your just modding for free But to a good cause. And if you could check the texture section the, I just can't seem to find the imported textures in the UE.

thx, - just call me VodeAn

DooFi

as far as i know there is no way to mod RC... i think for a mod you'd have to switch to UT :-/

only1lft

Nope, i already edited a few internals myself, would you like to help out.

VodeAn

This is my new primary account here, idk y I didn't make it in the first place, I'm also VodeAn on www.redvsblue.com, and contact scorch38 on there to join bata squad.
I will still use only1lft, from time to time.

Darktrooper

Ahhh, Scorch. Now i recognize you.

Darktrooper

There may be a few flaws in your plan man. First off, unless you have the money to buy the copyright from LucasArts, you have little to no chance of copy rights to anything. Secondly, the scripting can only go so far unless you intend to copy it and then rebuild it to your design, see copy right again, not to mention your end user agreement for the game. It specificly says you agree not to retro-engineer the game for any reason. The third and probably worst of these would be for you to properly do it, you'd have to purchase your own version of the Unreal engine, which at last look cost around $6000.00 dollars. You could always use the runtime demo from Unreal but, again, it is for educational use and not for official development. Good luck. :wink:

DooFi

lol the "old" unreal engine 2 costs 350,000 US$ for one platform and additional 50,000$ for each further platform :P

Darktrooper

ROFL!!!! I stand corrected. :P

VodeAn

nope, different plot and unreal lets u sell game mods, so I could yes the unreal demo version or rc, I have both.

VodeAn

or we could have a sponcer or two.

DooFi

you may NEVER, in NO CASE sell anything related to the U-Engine, as long as you are NOT a licensee and payed the fee! And even if you payed the license-fee you may only sell ONE game for ONE platform, if i'm not mistaken!
Maybe you may create mods and distribute them for FREE via the www, at least you are allowed to make mods for UT. Not sure if you may distribute mods for RC, since they pretty much crapped up the main features you'd need to do so. But they encourage you to create maps after all.

VodeAn

ok, ill use sponcers

DooFi

Man, your plan is not going to come off at all. I bet. Sorry.. :roll:

Darktrooper

Have to agree with DooFi on this one. Lookin a little thin I think. :|

explode

Or, you could make some good maps and change the player models, then post the download all over the web, and In lucas arts, write to lucasarts and epic to get permission to make a game....

OR we could all write to lucas arts and ask if we could compile an RC exspansion pack, lucas could get 90% of the profits and we could get the other 10%, which me could use to advertise this site....

just and idea