TURRETS IN MP

Started by frazscotland, April 29, 2010, 10:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frazscotland

Hi guys i working on new project. turrets in mp. its hard going though.
i changed the trandos to commandos and their voicepaks and the hudarms for them to clones.
what i notice though is that 1 .maybe there need to be a MPPICKUPS section added for the TURRETS and..
2. the turret fire animations are in the SPSet..
so maybe MPGAME need to change to 2 animation sets.  :geek:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

pizzaboy314

question. how do you change the voicepaks and hudarms from a trando to a clone? that, i assume would make them fight normally?
-PizzaBoy-

frazscotland

Ah hey pizza boy good to see a nu modder man. ah yeh this mod  has been hard going to make mate. ive made significant inroads into it tho. first off i made the trandos commandos but even that caused it to crash or the turrets dont appear to the enemy team. then i realised its cos the turrets sit /stand etc are in the SPSet. so what ive done so far is made a copy of the SPset animations and name it MPPset and make sure the trando merc mesh is linked to all that stuff and deleted all the surplus stuff apart from that animations hehe so there i have the set for turrets with trando and commando init.. then also i made a copy of the hudarms animation set rename it HudArmsT deleted all the surplus stuff apart from the hudarms for turrets then reskinned the commando arms with trando skin and also reanmed them each with t . its a crap workaround i know but i betcha itl work. ive not finished properties editing cos i think il need to make the turrets as pikups as well but i changed the MPgame animations to mi nu 1s and it worked cool so im close..

To change voicepaks its easy but slow...this way
open unreal ed goto Actor Class Browser ,Untik the placeableclasses box, goto INFO
VOICEPAK there you will see the 3 MPVOICE for clone and trando
ok so clik on mpvoicedelta07 Default properties and mpvoicetrandomerc01 Default properties.. bring them up side by side click on VOICEPACK on each to see dropdowns
click on ACKSOUND you get the dropdowns,
its a simple case of COPY AND PASTE from the cell to the trando alternative.
or if you are changing commando to trando its the other way about
AckSound,AckString,FFireSound,FFireString,OrderSound,OrderString,TauntSoundTauntString.
all those you copy and paste and its 3 sets of voices to do !! takes a while like 25minutes easy..its a simple workaround but slow to do and easy to make mistake

change the trandoshans hudarms ?? got ActorClassBrowser. PAWN<CTPAWN MPPAWN overview DEFAULT PROPERTIES goto HIDDEN TRANDOPISTOLMESH SkeletalMesh'HudArms.tHudArmsDC15s' delete the t .
You need to also do it for the Xinterface dropdown in each class MPCLONE and MPTRANDOSHAN
it will still remain trando hudarms upon spawn until you make first wep pikup. The way round itis to goto the INVENTORY and whatever weps you have as the initial spawn weps of the trando class. by default it is SMGTRANDOMP and DC15sMP if you goto the DisplayAdvanced in each wep and copy the hudarms mesh cell and paste it in HIDDEN of each wep ALTERNATIVE SKELETALMESH . If you do this for both the spawn weps whatever u have them as it will be kool.if you have changed the spawn weps to sumthin else u must do so in those weps
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

pizzaboy314

thx i think i get that. i'm kinda a inbetween modder. ask some q's and answer some.

any chance you could say the animation set change again. didn't quite follow that. the voicepak should be easy, tho.
-PizzaBoy-

frazscotland

yeh man its easier to talk u thru it on xfire editing animation sets. mi xfire is frazscotland.
wel any animation sets you want to edit first off make a copy of it and paste itin the GameData folder then rename it . ie ClonesS.ukx or Clone1.ukx   something not too easy to forget same for say HudArms.ukx - HudArmsS.ukx etc  then repaste it/move bak into animations folder and then you kan open up unreal ed goto animations open your nu animation set and edit away  link/unlink mesh to animatons sets ,delete sequences, rename sequences or sets etc. On the right margin of the screen you have the skins this is the default skins for the animation set .Sandcrawler mod1 had to edit those references of skin because itis 2 skins for troopernohelmet or commandonohelmet and properties only allows you for those classes to edit the HEAD skins ie the cloneadult. hehe. Smart guys eh aramus n sandcrawler.way ahead of the time 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

pizzaboy314

tricky. i'll try

i find i learn a lot of cool stuff by exploring both campaign and MP maps.
-PizzaBoy-

zeix72

Ok umm does making maps count as modding if not then im just a mapper ive tried that properties editing stuff lets just say "Huestin We Have A Problem". All of what you said in your post and replys made my brain feel like bacon sizziling in the pan! If your good at whatever it is you were talkin about then can you do that thing where you start off with only a pistol or something .
That's a whole Bowlful of FAIL!!!

leeroy

i think turrents in mp would be great one guy just not the ones with the blast radius because it would be harder for those who didnt control it because the ones that dont have a radius have a great flaw but are still hard to kill without a sniper the flaw is that without a sniper a guy could rush in behind the guy in the turrent and once the guy in the turrent turns around the rest of the team could shoot the guy in the back
sombody please tell me what im doing wrong or if sombody just hates me i dont care if its just becuase you hate me for talking about other games and stuff but if i knew where to find the modding sites (were you MAKE the maps) then i wouldnt be only talking about games