RepCom ServerLauncher v2.2

Started by Judge, August 05, 2009, 06:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge

Hello guys,
A friend and I made a server launching program, means you can launch a dedicated server from this program instead of launching from the game, what is really faster. Also, there are additional options like the serverpassword or saving/loading settings.
Here are some pictures:

This is a test version, so I need as many test and critics as possible.

On the next version, we'll remove english mistakes and add additional options like maxspectators, gamespeed or maplist.

You can download this test version here: //http://www.filefront.com/14198145/ServerLauncher_v2.2.exe

arramus

Thank you Judgment.

I will certainly perform beta testing and offer feedback.

EDIT ---

Testing Feedback

TOP MENU
----------

Change '?' > 'Help'
Change 'Server's options' > 'Server Options'
Change 'General options' > 'General Options'
Change 'Specifics options' > 'Specific Options'
change 'Enter the servername' > 'Enter the server name'

GAME TYPE
------------

Change 'TeamDeathmatch' > 'Team Deathmatch'
Change 'Assaut' > 'Assault'

SERVER STATE
---------------

Change 'Server's state' > 'Server status'

GENERAL OPTIONS
------------------

Change 'Enter the scorelimit to win' > 'Enter the score limit to win'
Change 'Enter a timelimit before the end of the match' > 'Enter a time limit before the end of the match'
Change 'Enter the maximum of players into the server' > 'Enter the maximum number of players'

SPECIFIC OPTIONS
-------------------

Change 'These options are only activate for special gametype' > Some options are only active for specific game types'

Change 'Balanceteam' > 'Balance team'
Change 'Tick if you want the teams to be balanced when a player comes' > 'Tick if you want the teams to be balanced when a player joins'
Change 'Friendly Fire' > 'Friendly fire'
Change 'Tick if you want this option activate and choose the damage below' > 'Tick if you want this option active and chose the damage setting below'
Change '1 is normal damages (like an ennemy) and don't tick it for no damages. This number cannot be above 1.00.' >  '1 is normal damage (like from an enemy). Don't tick if you want 0.00 damage. Increase for other damage, e.g. 0.5 for half damage. This number cannot be above 1.00'

Actual Usage
-------------

This is only a launcher so we have to add extra maps to the .ini. It would be great if we could expand for that, e.g.

Deathmatch
[MPGame.MapListDeathMatch]

Team Deathmatch
[MPGame.MapListTeamDeathMatch]

CTF
[MPGame.MapListCaptureTheFlag]

Assault
[MPGame.MapListAssault]

Mixed Mode for all gametypes rotating
[MPGame.MapListMixedDeathMatch]

A crash guard would help that starts the server if it is crashed in game or in the event of a general crash.

I started Deathmatch and it launched fine. I stopped the server and then started Team Deathmatch but the server crashed.

Extra specific features like:

Setting the number of assault rounds per map:
?RoundsPerMap=<rounds>
where <rounds> is a positive integer.
Setting the time per round
?RoundTime=<time>
where <time> is the positive number of minutes in the round.

Setting the game speed:
?GameSpeed=<fraction>
<fraction> indicates the speed of the game. The menu supports speeds of
.75, 1.0, or 1.25, though other positive values are possible.

Setting whether dropped weapons stay:
?WeaponStay=<true or false>
Setting WeaponStay as true means that weapons will stay in the world whendropped. False indicates that they will vanish after a short period of
time.

It's looking good though and will certainly be helpful.

Judge

Thank you.
This is going to help us alot ;)

Edit: @Arramus : The Roundtime is in seconds.

Danny

I get this error when I go to launch my server:

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks so much for the server tool!!

EDIT: When I run as admin, I dont get the error, but after about 1 second after the window with all the server info appears, it crashes. It might be my version of RC because I was screwing around with some stuff, but I have to get my discs back form my friend, so I cant reinstal yet. Anyways, if you know anything else that could cause this please respond  :D

arramus

I also get the same error but only with Team Deathmatch. Are you able to start the server application in the other modes it supports?

Danny

Yea I actually just started a CTF and it worked fine. However, how does one enter the password to a server? I hosted one with a password and I couldnt join my own server.

Oh, and if you can, can you code in a way to set up a maplist?

Judge

Sorry, my friend forgot to translate the error message. It should be a bug that we are going to remove in the next version.
Thanks for telling. :)

I have written in 'Help' how to join a password protected server. Join a random server, open the console and type the following command line: open your_ip:port?password=chosen_password
Example: open 90.57.5.157:7777?Password=abc

Edit: Yeah, we are working on a maplist. Also you can edit it in the 'server.ini' file.

Judge

The 2.3 version has just been made!
We only corrected english mistakes (thank to Arramus) because the 3.0 is going to bring out very soon, we removed most of the bugs and added a lot of cool new stuffs (maplist, LOT of new options and a servermessage script).

You can update it in '?' > 'Check for update'

Danny

Can't wait for version 3.0, and thanks for the 2.3 update. Do you have a timeframe as to when 3.0 will be out?

Thanks,
Danny

Judge

Quote from: "Danny"Can't wait for version 3.0, and thanks for the 2.3 update. Do you have a timeframe as to when 3.0 will be out?

Thanks,
Danny
Hmm no, we put it online when it is done. Also, we won't be able to add the map list option on this version... because my friend simply doesn't know how to program it yet, so you will still have to edit the 'server.ini' file. But all the known bugs have been removed, and it is what we really wanted for this new version.

Thanks for your replies and your support.

Sandcrawler

Looks like a nice toll for anyone running a server.

I had an Idea for the maplist, but I don't know any programming lauguages...well ones that don't require you runa  server with php and mysql :P

My thought was to have a simple program that scanned your /maps folder and made entries on the XmapList. I'd probably just let it reginerate each time, as this would be ran as often as the user wanted...or not wanted.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Judge

Quote from: "Sandcrawler"Looks like a nice toll for anyone running a server.

I had an Idea for the maplist, but I don't know any programming lauguages...well ones that don't require you runa  server with php and mysql :P

My thought was to have a simple program that scanned your /maps folder and made entries on the XmapList. I'd probably just let it reginerate each time, as this would be ran as often as the user wanted...or not wanted.
Looks like a really cool idea, we meet tomorrow so I will ask.

Danny

Judge

Quote from: "Danny"Any updates on server launcher?
I posted a message there 2 days ago for the 3.0 version which is done but I rapidly deleted it, because there was an error.

This should be up soon...