Skinning Tutorials?

Started by Genesis, February 13, 2008, 04:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genesis

Has anybody posted any skinning tutorials? I would like to start skinning, then I would make a mod. Not a full scale mod but just modified weps and diff skins and stuff. I would also like to know how to skin Hudarms.

Genesis

umm, anybody?

Genesis

hellooo...

Sh4rpSh00t3r

spamming is not going to help, its just that no one has made a tutorial. Were a small community its not like Unreal Tournament. Even so, you could probably find a skinning tutorial on google for UT that should be close enough because they both use the unreal engine.

Genesis

I know, it doesn't HAVE to be a skinning tutorial. Someone could have just explained something to me. See, I have Photoshop CS2, and I tried changing the skins in PS and then putting them back into UED, but when I play, I can't see the skins on the pawns, including mine. I remember a post saying that you would have o replace the new skin with the old one and it has to have the same name.

And Sh4rp, don't get mad at me for posting 2 more posts than I had too. People have been posting on other topics and threads while my new post was out there waiting to be answered. It's like it was being ignored... Just because this name is new doesn't mean it will be a noob question, and i'm not even new lol. I couldn't retrieve my old account; MrSmithy, now you remember me?

JanDeis

First:  Find the HUD arms in the animations.

Second:  On the right of the screen, find the skin or texture or whatever thing.

Third:  Change that to the new texture.

Fourth:  Stop Spamming!

Sh4rpSh00t3r

he wants to know how to skin players not hud arms...

Genesis

Ok. Can we drop the spamming thing. I posted two more posts than I had too. It's like bumping a topic. Maybe someone marked all forums read, but my post wasn't read yet. So I want people to notice it. But it's ok, I don't need any tutorials. I'll just ask IcePwn.

Sh4rpSh00t3r

you don't need to bump... it still shows up as a new post if people havn't read it yet which is probably why no one has responded and your topic is the only being posted in right now so its on top so no bump is needed and the reason why people haven't been on is because they don't constantly visit these forums, like i said this is a small community and your just going to have to be patient.

JanDeis

Quote from: "Sh4rpSh00t3r"he wants to know how to skin players not hud arms...

He said he would like to know how to skin HUDArms in the first post :p.

Quote from: "Genesis"Has anybody posted any skinning tutorials? I would like to start skinning, then I would make a mod. Not a full scale mod but just modified weps and diff skins and stuff. I would also like to know how to skin Hudarms.

See?

Genesis

So no real skinning tutorials yet huh.

1upD

Hmm...
I'm a [semi-retired] skinner.

In UnrealEd, open the textures menu, and export the original texture of the model you'd like to reskin.  Edit it however you'd like. Import it back into the 'mylevel' package. Find the shader of the original skin, copy it over to 'mylevel'. Open it's properties and change all references to the original skin to the new one. Open your pawn browser. Find the pawn you wish to edit(or create a new pawn from the original in the mylevel pacakge) go to 'display', and I think the shader/skin is under 'skins'. It might be under texture. Change the original shader to your new shader. (The shaders include the skin)

It's not much of a tutorial, but I hope it helps.

SCUBAinARUBA7

i dont meen to sound stupid but you said
Quoteand export the original texture of the model you'd like to reskin. Edit it however you'd like.
and i dont know were to export it too......on the where to save page under the bar were u name it it sais "save as type" but has no options......any help  :roll:                 TYVM

RC-1266

if you want the exported file to be called "clone1" (just an example :S) then you have to fill in for the name:
clone1.bmp
it saves as a bitmap imagefile then
and i always export them to the skins-folder i made on my desktop, so they are easily to import when youve edited the skin