New Clone Trooper Rank Textures

Started by darkvengence25, September 29, 2009, 12:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkvengence25

Hey everyone. I don't know about you guys but I get tired of looking at the same old white troopers. Yes, they're cool and all but they gotta be spiced up a little bit. So, I decided to make new textures to rank the troopers.
[attachment=0:2fnodpfx]clonetextures.JPG[/attachment:2fnodpfx]
The textures aren't the best things out there, then again this is just a preview. I'll work a little harder on them so they'll be the best ones out there! They'll be posted up for download soon. In other news, I'm trying to make white clone commandos with black tinted visors. I want them to glint a little and reflect the environment. Anyone know how to do this? PM as soon as you can.

frazscotland

import a mirror reflective  color ?? silver ?  8-)

btw theyr kool man im doin sumthn like taht but way more paint , 5 trando and 5 mandoskins lan set sheesh its slo goin i got bossk and craddosk done and they look ok.  8-)  :geek:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

RC-1266

Reflecting the environment is very hard to make. You could make an environmental map, an image your mirror should reflect in different ways from different angles.
Unfortunately I don't know how to do that.

Clones look cool though :D

darkvengence25

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll try silver and see how that works out. Also, frazscotland you should post up some screenies. I'm currently making clone armor just like the commandos, except on a large scale. I did this random one and it looks pretty cool, so I based the next texture on that. I never thought of re-texturing trandoshans, but I'm trying to re-texture the B1 Battle Droids to look like the ones in the Prequel. After this, I'm going to make Mandalorian and new Commando armor. :D

Good luck guys!

frazscotland

wel im not too clued up but maybe rc-1266 can help u here ,theres a kool map by darklord called asteroid base its hard to get and it has kool door finishes maybe u kud use that its reflective bronzey look.
wel in the textures every texture has a shader which just appears to be a lightener of wat u hav as the painted texture. so ive just been doin trandoskin paint jobs on the .bmp  ive done BOSSK ,CRADDOSK,NIGHTOPS TRANDO,DESERT TRANDO,SNOWTRANDO,ROCKTRANDO(like motor/rocky area),GURSSK and SCRUGG im gonna do a cuple more trandosskins. then its onto cloneskins. wel heres a link to the first 2 i ever did on wed/thursday. a jodokast and a redclone. im gonna redo them better . make a 5mandoskin set then a few sets of diff colored clones red,blue,green,grey,brown,orange etc.
http://www.xfire.com/video/177a5c/
i mite also wen got time try do sum skins of the sandcrawler mod v1 cos it bein unique with no helmet on the clone. like he mite have a beard lol or bleached hair etc . moustache,goatee, diffrent colored armor etc etc. or even DENGAR .
http://www.xfire.com/video/177fff/
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

RC-1266

If one of you is going to make mandalorians I recommend using the commandos rather than the regular clones, because of the fin, health and probably accuracy. I've seen some clone-mando's before and it just looks odd :)

EDIT: Ow I see your vid now Fraz, you've done that already  :mrgreen:
Well it looks pretty nice ;)

darkvengence25

it makes me wonder why there are so many games with modding communities except for Republic Commando. I mean, modding as in new Actors and static meshes. Is everyone too lazy to do something for RC? Even UnrealTournament has people who mod. If there are UT2k4 modders out there, please bring your knowledge to the RC community!

frazscotland

yeh man those 2 vids wer my first 2 attempts on steep learning curve. i think for the clonetextures the shaders are preset as just lighteners of the paint job texture you supplant so it basically just doin an ok paintjob to deceive the eyes. i rekkn. thing is once youve done a paint job i jus keep updatin 1 clonetexture out the mp set so wen u startup and go to mp then customise you can see the model that way progress ,bak n forwards its slo.zzz but i got 8 trandoskins and 5cloneskins now. still got more to do so can make up a few sets of diffrnt mixes. ah wel hopefully b finished by a week from this weekend, :roll:  :roll:

yeh rc 1266ive almost finished 2 sets of skins. you will be one of the first if not first to get them. this is finished for 1st set wil b whiteclone,nightops,boss38,  greyclone(new) and pink clone (for girls and gays)lol    and  pinktrando, snow trando,nightops trando,grey trando and the trando conc (thats there but u kant get).
2nd set wil b nightops clone,whiteclone,greyclone,desertclone and greenclone  and snowtrando,nightopstrando,greytrando,deserttrando and the trando conc.
3rd set will b redclone (in vid but bettr),blueclone,greenclone,purpleclone,nightops.
same for trandoskins as above.
4th set wil b 5mandoskins (still to do) and bossk,craddosk,gurrsk,scrugg and nightops trando(alldone)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

RC-1266

I agree with darkvengence25... more modders! :D

To frazscotland; you mind posting some screenshots? I wonder what your trandoshan skins look like.

darkvengence25

i'm going to make vehicle static meshes that can actually be imported into unrealed. my last Venator model prob had too many polys and vertices. im going to make another one except alot simpler, like the RAS in the game.

frazscotland

i made a fun skin set BROTHERS ALL BABY MOD (no racial slur intended) . here i made the vid link and its up for dload on my filefront. it mite b too hot potato for sandcrawler site. dload  lol.
http://www.xfire.com/video/182058/
And heres my 2nd campaign skin pack of 3 installers vid
http://www.xfire.com/video/18150a/
i just got to hand paint all the hud arms textures now for the mp skins ive made. then its on to doin the madalorian paint jobs. aaahhhhhhhh  :shock:  :lol:  :ugeek:
ok i made up my 1st mp lan skinset and did the hudarm textures as well .
i assume that the hudarmswhite is for sev07 mp character ...
cos the mpa-d huds are there but nyways. its,..
sev07 is redclone,mpa is boss38,mpb is pinkclone,mpc is purpleclone,mpd is blueclone.
tmerc is pinktrando,mpa is conctrando (outa campaign),mpb is greytrando,mpc is nightopstrando,mpd is deserttrando.
SKINSET 1 MP LAN
SKINSET 2 MP LAN
SKINSET 3 MP LAN
SKINSET 4 MP LAN
http://www.filefront.com/user/frazscotland
set 3 and 4 are 5diffrnt mandos in each set vs the same set of 5 trandos in each  :geek:
heres a vid link to all the skins in campaign set installers i made for ppl
http://www.xfire.com/video/1861d1/
set 3 is jodokast,bobafett and 3 mando commandos
set 4 is jangofett and 4 mando warriors.
both sets trandos are nightopstrando,bossk,craddosk,gurssk and scrugg
PLEASE DLOAD TEST AND TELL ME WHAT IF ANY DUSNT WURK OR LOOKS CRAP!!!! thankssss fraz 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND