AI_Domination - FINAL

Started by arramus, March 16, 2007, 08:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

This map is now complete and was added to a 3 Map Pack called 'The Apprentice Missions'

AI_Domination will be the SP version of DM_Domination.
Pictures for that map are here.
http://www.sandcrawler.net/rcmod/forum/ ... .php?t=258

I want this map to be part of a 3 map pack aimed at the whole RC community and will remove the torture weapon, gore, and blood and replace them with AI and SMs instead. The final build of DM_Domination wouldn't perform optical partitioning and I had to go with a good setting instead. I don't think it'll be an issue as the maps well zoned and I think I'll go with spawning for this one rather than have them all already laid out on start up.

arramus

The AI are fitting in very nicely in the cylindrical towers and it allows for two levels of combat. This way you can increase incoming firepower but they aren't shooting each other in the back as they like to do.

Being flanked from all corners creates a great battle challenge and the AI come out on top a lot more than in the regular linear patterns. Their accuracy sucks but their combined strength and an assortment of mixed AI and weaponry help them get the upper hand on many occasions.

If you want to open the door you'll need to get up there. There's no run and gun in this map due to the simple but restrictive unlocking requirements.

arramus

I'm testing which AI are most suited to which location and also seeing which combinations are effective.

Wide open areas let the Hack Attacks do their stuff.

Large and wide AI slow down the door activation process.

And just having some EMP fun.

I've added a small matinee sequence for when these guys make their appearance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnZ6UQA0kmw

DooFi

Dude I love you for all this! I'd have probably given up my SP project without this subforum :mrgreen:

arramus

I could never get motivated to complete SP missions/maps in the past but after trying some other game editors and particularly FEAR I developed the patience for it. UE has some great things about it even though it's getting old. :)

This map is now complete and was added to a 3 Map Pack called 'The Apprentice Missions'

{MotR}Weapon

Looks awesome, is adding SP maps the same as adding MP maps?

Also is that a giant SBD?

Squad_Sammaron

QuoteLarge and wide AI slow down the door activation process
:D
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

arramus

Quote from: "{MotR}Weapon"Looks awesome, is adding SP maps the same as adding MP maps?

Also is that a giant SBD?

The process for this map pack is just the same as for MP maps and they'll appear in your map list as well if installed using the set up application.

The maps are first installed here.

C:Program FilesLucasArtsStar Wars Republic Commando

If you click the setup.exe file it will.

1. Install the map to the map folder.
2. Update your map list so it appears when you set up in game.
3. Add the map name to a general map list file.

If you get an error when you hit the setup.exe then you haven't installed Microsoft .NET framework.

You can still add the maps to your map folder manually and use the OPEN command.

That SBD is normal size but just in ya face.