Changing Players' Start Weapons

Started by Delrahn, April 18, 2010, 06:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delrahn

If it's possible without any external programs, I was wondering, how do you change what weapons you start out with in unrealed?

frazscotland

whatcha mean delrahn for campaign or mp ? wel if u open unreal ed and goto actorclass browser and scroll down to  PAWN , CTPAWN youll see MPPAWN and REPUBLIC..  If its for MP you go into the MPPAWN clikonit so its MPCLONE and MPTRANDO right clik defaultproperties go into either u wanna change goto PAWN then goto REQUIREDEQUIPMENT
Properties.DC17mBlasterMP
In trando its  
Properties.SMGMP
if u wanna change it to another wep u rename it the other wep u wanna replace it eg Properties.BattleDroidBlaster or Properties.DC15BlasterClone from INVENTORY which u get to if u open unreal ed and goto actorclass browser and untik placeableclasses box there u get all the weps listed ..
If its for campaign u goto REPUBLIC ,CLONECOMMANDO, Default properties right clik of whatever commando u wanna change PAWN  REQUIRED EQUIPMENT same again
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Delrahn

Thanks, but when I overwrite the unrealed files, it says "Properties could not be written. Do you want to check it out?"...it just won't save...is it just my unrealed?

{CCP}VI

hm is your repcom running while your modding? that may be the problem.

otherwise save the properties with another name and recall it to properties again after saving.
Xfire- viscatus

Delrahn

No I dont ave RC running. How do I save the properties somewhere else?

{CCP}VI

i mean rename your properties. dont save it as properties.u but as properties1 or something else and rename it after that. had the same problem and it worked for me.
Xfire- viscatus

Delrahn

It won't let me rename the properties, it says that I need permission to rename it. But the only properties I can think are the clone properties(in the gamedata folder). I'm sorry I ask so many questions, i'm just new to modding adn it somewhat escapes me...and i'm eleven...lol

frazscotland

ya vista seems to give all sorts of hassle to modding. i use xp pro 4 a simple life  :idea:
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

powers2005

I have the exact same problem. so far i haven't found a way around it, and don't have enough space on my XP to see if im doing it right. my advice is either install on XP (if you have) or just don't do any propety editing, although that can really restrain you for modding.

@Delrahn
Don't be afraid to PM any of us or post any of your problems here (on the support page if its just general help needed). Every one starts somewhere.
 :D
"Initiate door breach, commando"  Delta 38

"You\'re only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"  Michael Caine

The gamer also known as DexausMelmac

Delrahn

I renamed the properties in gamedtata. :)   All I did was right-click it, and clicked "Send To>Desktop(createshortcut)" and then renamed that one. Then I could rename the original properties somehow, so I deleted the shortcut. I'm gonna see if I can save original properties now.

Delrahn

Now I can't join or even HOST an MP game!!!!!!!!!! RC JUST CRASHES WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: Someone please help me fix this!!
Nevermind I just had to rename "MyProperties" back to "Properties". It works now! :D  But now I can't save again. :cry:  Do I have to rename properties to a specific name? Also, I can't save Profile>Delrahn>User.ini  I used to be able too, is there a reason I can't?

Neviklink

-.- its because you have to put the original properties back when your done. :roll: and delrhan don't try learning everything at once I learned modding gradually.