Downloads Section

Started by Sandcrawler, March 24, 2010, 11:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Option 1 or 2? (see below)

Option 1 (Keep it the same)
3 (75%)
Option 2 (Move it to the gamer focused site)
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: March 24, 2010, 11:18:13 PM

Sandcrawler

I'd like some input from the community about the future of the Downloads section, as it will determine what I do.

Both options would include some general enhacments to the script, and some real categories.

Option 1: Just merge the two dopwnloads togeather but keep them on the Modification website. Basicly how it is now.

Option 2: Merge the two downloads sections togeather, and move them to the Sandcrawler Network website (first link at the top). This way it wouldn't be on the mod site, a user wouldn't need to see the content on the Mod site to download your maps (there would still be a downloads link, that redirects to this location). I see this more of a Developer > Publisher movement, one site focuses on creating the content, the other publishes it for download.

This Poll will run until I finish the script, but it will only be an Announcment for two weeks.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

frazscotland

HMM wel probably whatevers easiest and least time-consuming (for you) sandcrawler
 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Sandcrawler

They're about the same for me.

All that changes is where I put the link to the Downloads.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

frazscotland

Suppose whatever looks best then for the site. onwards and upwards  8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Neviklink

i choose option 3 where you have a link on the gamer focused sites to the downloads on the other ones

leeroy

sombody please tell me what im doing wrong or if sombody just hates me i dont care if its just becuase you hate me for talking about other games and stuff but if i knew where to find the modding sites (were you MAKE the maps) then i wouldnt be only talking about games