Questions about Unreal Editor.....

Started by Omega 27 Elite, November 27, 2010, 08:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega 27 Elite

I am a man of many questions...

Omega 27 Elite

ok this isnt a question about unreal exactly but anyway, in the voice paks for the kashyyk level obliterate the outpost theres sound clips that arent in the game and if you listen to them it seems that they're gunship crashes and 42(the pilot) dies and the gunship gets stuck in a tree. then the commandos go on and thats where the level starts. i  looked in the level itself and theres no gunship or anything about the crash except this: http://oi53.tinypic.com/ip6phh.jpg
its not that clear but theres a branch up high above where you spawn(its kinda hard to find) thats on fire. so i was thinking
maybe the game creators put that in and that it was part of the crash and then they forgot to take it out when they didnt
have that part of the level. does anybody know anything else about this?

Tycon

i agree with ur theory. the poeple who made the game left a mess behind. theres a voicepak for a JuJu bird that never shows up. in the geo breifing there were plans to pu 3 troopers in the gunship wit u name Sev, Fixer, and Sorch. the one you see is named Fixer. the other 2 are invisible O.o but yeah not sure if its easter eggs or they forgot to clean up after themselvs

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D

Tycon

oh and please tell me which level it is? i want to see. plz tel me the map name like YYY_04a

Omega 27 Elite

its yyy_35a and the fire is up in the trees somewhere above where you spawn. as i said its a little hard to find

Omega 27 Elite

another thing is i was just looking at the dropship for geo_01briefing and it looks like they just dropped a bunch of stuff in there and didn't bother putting it in right. for example http://oi56.tinypic.com/2jcx0n8.jpg
i mean seriously it looks like they just dropped that stuff ijn there and didnt do anything with out they just left it all over the place

Tycon

that guy you see before the doors close and the gunship launches

EDIT: sorry i didnt look closly at the image. the only thing i can think of is that their position looks better from your vantage point in the gunship

Omega 27 Elite

sorry i hadnt seen your edit. yeah thats my only guess but still idk why they did it.

also a question about in game in multiplayer: i was playing the TAG clans modded server and it was on lockdown and somehow someone locked the shields for the bases so that you couldn't open them. anybody know what they did

Tycon

Shields? o0 dunno...

Omega 27 Elite

the shield things that you can raise and lower

Sandcrawler

They went to the control panel and pushed E I believe there is a message for it, when you are close...
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Omega 27 Elite

its F actually and i know you can open and close it ive been playing for like 2 years.......... :o but they some how locked it so you couldnt open it even if you press f

Sandcrawler

Was it a custom version of the map? The default map has no lock for the door, so it was most likely a bug.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Omega 27 Elite

yeah it was the tag clans mod with the CTF2 and the dominator 2.0 and stuff. i dont think it was a bug cause a guy said he locked one and then another guy locked the other

frazscotland

The guys from TAG have been making great inroads with script based modding for SWRC. Instagib,King of the hill,Prey etc Phobos has shown me sum cool stuff he knows how to change day maps to night ,rain in map change to geo,wookie etc etc the list goes on !
Theres a couple of script based admin patches u kan dload to try By another great rc modder PFWSKIP
http://motrclan.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=6

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=203330
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND