DM_Juggernaut

Started by Sh4rpSh00t3r, December 07, 2007, 02:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4rpSh00t3r

Hey all! Nearly done with this one, but i'm having trouble with the warpzones. I have one in each room that teleport you to the top of the map. The problem is, is that when you go threw them the skybox begins to go nuts (i.e. textures are flashing, one texture to another). Also there seems to be an obstruction on the outside ring in one section. It's oddly formed but makes an invisable wall. I turned my jumpz to 10000 to see if it ended, it did not. It dosn't appear in my editor either and when i tested it after i removed the original warpzones it was gone. Though i had to add my warpzones back and yes, now its back too. Anyone have any ideas???

Anyways heres my map obviously based off the Halo 2 Multiplayer map Foundation. Though this version has a few differences including access to the top of the map and much more. :)

Sh4rpSh00t3r

anyone know what the problem might be?

Sandcrawler

Warp zones dont work like they are supposed to in RC, that why all of my maps use teleporters instead...the drawback with them is only one person can go threw at the same time...unless anybody wants to look in the options for a fix...I would think there would be one.

warp zones in UT04 anyways you can see the textures and it kinda fluxuates.

Edit: The map looks good btw but I would highly recomend changing the texture on the tower things, or scaling it up so its not so repetitive. Also I would do some more lighing in there, it looked like it was just fully lit.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Sh4rpSh00t3r

yeah i guess i can work on lighting...

also, WTH???? there are teleporters too? how do i make one? i guess i'll take a look at your boarding action map tonight. :)

Sandcrawler

Actor Classes > NavigationPoint > Teleporter

Its at the bottom of the NavigationPoint section.

The biggest reason to do lighing is to make it more realistic looking, in that map I would do a Sun, and maybe a few lights if there are any rooms. That will add a nice shadow, then you can play with the ambient lighting to make the shadows softer.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Sh4rpSh00t3r

DOH! i remember teleporters now >.<

frazscotland

hey does sharpshooter come on this forum still ? or does anyone have that could please send me this map DM_JUGGERNAUT.ctm ???  my xfire is frazscotland  regards fraz 8-)
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND