Map Installer Utility

Started by Sandcrawler, May 04, 2011, 06:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandcrawler

I was learning a new Programing Language so I decided to write a replacement for the old Map Utility.

For now there is no GUI for it, if its used much I'll think about adding one, or creating a webpage to generate the .ini file anyways. But TBH there are only three field per map that need to be filled in, so it really easy to just edit the ini file.

You can have any number of maps "installed" along side each other, just add more chunks to the in and increment (see the ReadMe for more)

This uses the Registry Key so it will work with custom install directory, Steam, or w/e.

This is a small Utility program that will add your map, or maps to the Level Loading Screen, as well as the In game Selection Menu.

Download:
http://umh.sandcrawler.net/index.php?page=downloads&command=view&id=225

My suggestion is you create a zip folder for your maps, that just have to be unzipped to the Root RC folder, were the player would just need to run this utility.

Any Questions? Or requests?
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

frazscotland

Sounds good sandy ill have a look at it see how she blows !

Ok so i assume u have the maps installed in the MAPS folder ?? and where does the Config and shield go ?  System folder ? or just  SWRC folder for all ?
Also the entries isit 1 entry per map ? u kant have 1 map and multiple game modes from the same map yet ?

Can u please explain in "laymans terms " for me and others who may be confused with the instructions ??  :'(
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

frazscotland

ANY UPDATE on my query SANDCRAWLER ?? ::) :'( :-\
XFIRE  FRAZSCOTLAND

Sandcrawler

The maps need to go in thier folder, the config filecan go anywhere.

Only one entry per map. A DM map is both deathmatch and team deathmatch. You can make multiple entries as shown, so if there is a CTF/AS version just make a new entry.

L
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)