Questions about Unreal Editor.....

Started by Omega 27 Elite, November 27, 2010, 08:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega 27 Elite

I am a man of many questions...

Sandcrawler

A locked door is just two sets of triggers, one to open and close the door, when enabled, another to close the door and disable the trigger.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

Tycon

to completely clear this up, heres my long-awaited(at least by me :P)
Movers Advanced and Events Tutorial
ok so ya got a mover from the basic mover tut. let's say its the elevator that moves back and forth across the ground. double-click on the mover and go to Object>initialstate and change to TriggerToggle. while still in the properties, goto Events>Tag and set to FloorSliderA (to be honest, you can put anything you want. for reasons i'll explain later, it helps to have at least 1 capital letter.) goto ActorClasses>Triggers. when you expand Triggers, you'll see a lot of stuff. ignore that, and just add a plain old Trigger.(Add, dont expand) so you got your trigger. a blue cylinder is around it. you have to be inside that sylinder for the trigger to work. to change the size, goto properties>Collision>CollisionHight and CollisionRadius.(keep in mind a commando is 256 units tall, and 128 units wide) in the trigger properties, go to Events>Event and make it the tag you gave to the mover, just without caps. e.g. floorslidera, then hit enter. the lowercase letters will turn to caps if you typed it right(i use that feature like a spellchecker). finally, properties>trigger>TriggerType. you can set it to TT_Proximity(it goes off when you step in the cylinder) or TT_Use(you need to press 'f' in the cylinder. Build all, save and test.

Feel free to make this an official tut, add pics and stuff

I just do this to show off my brother's photoshop skillz :D