A Little question

Started by Elite Commander, July 30, 2006, 02:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elite Commander

I have a question... How can i make a skin for an RC without Republic Commando crashing? Like when ever i click to go to a server it doesn't join?

DooFi

The thing is.... actually... you can't... lol
The Golden-Guys at LucasArts did not allow custom skins. So you cannot add skins to the list, but only overwrite existing skins. If you would overwrite skins, everyone in MP who uses the original skin would have YOUR skin (on your screen). The other players would not notice that, but on your screen they'd all look pink or whatever, so you can make them out easier --> Ch33t0r. So it's basically a cheat protection, that you cannot join servers with edited skins. But normally it does not crash, but show you some error message as far as i know.
btw, you are able to host servers while you have modded skins, but then only people who have the same mod can join.

The_Revanchist

Quote from: "DooFi"The thing is.... actually... you can't... lol
The Golden-Guys at LucasArts did not allow custom skins. So you cannot add skins to the list, but only overwrite existing skins. If you would overwrite skins, everyone in MP who uses the original skin would have YOUR skin (on your screen). The other players would not notice that, but on your screen they'd all look pink or whatever, so you can make them out easier --> Ch33t0r. So it's basically a cheat protection, that you cannot join servers with edited skins. But normally it does not crash, but show you some error message as far as i know.
btw, you are able to host servers while you have modded skins, but then only people who have the same mod can join.

IDK if this is true, because i have seen people online wearing all white armor

DooFi

oh well maybe i'm not up to date anymore :/ Haven't played RC for about 2 years now due to compatibility issues or something.

RC-1266

Quote from: "The_Revanchist"IDK if this is true, because i have seen people online wearing all white armor

thats probably because there are white clonetextures (like the "Player Commando") in the usual RC-package; it's the same skin used for the clone you see in SP when using "togglebehindview".