Solid Movers?

Started by RC-1266, May 17, 2008, 05:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC-1266

I asked a while ago something about static meshes, if it was possible.
Soon after that I learned that you could walk right through them.
To not make that happen I had to add a blocking volume.

Now I'm experimenting with movers; I want to put some selfmade static meshes in a new map of mine as a mover. Problem is that I can't make the blocking volumes move, or make the meshes solid.
Can someone help me with this issue?

Ha'aj

You need to give the Static Mesh a collision brush, not the mover, the Static Mesh.

Right click on the Static Mesh and select Convert and then To Brush,  the builder brush(the red one) will take on the form of the static mesh.  Now select the static mesh and then ctrl+select the builder brush(in that order), then right click on the builder brush and select Save Brush As Collision.  Now if you look at the Static Mesh in the 3D window and hit the "B" key to hide the builder brush and then the "C" key you can see the collision, then add your mover and they will always be solid...hope that helped.  :D

RC-1266

OK, late response, but thanks!
I've been away for a while, but I'm back again now, and this works indeed and is much easier than the stuff I always did with blocking volumes.

DooFi

the SM should be in your myLevel package for it to work properly. Don't modify existing assets!

RC-1266

cause if you do, you change the whole package and you can't play online anymore, right?

Sandcrawler

Right, if it is just a few static meshes I would use mylevel, but if you are going to have CTF and DM versions, and there are a bunch of custom meshes then I would make a new package, just remember to include it in the exe file for download.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

RC-1266

but will they be displayed if you don't?

Sandcrawler

If you don't have the package as well? no they wont, I'm not sure what happens but the mesh wont be there.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)