Textures without utx files

Started by Anonymous, January 02, 2007, 06:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

How i can do that put textures (from my self) in my map and i dont need to send a utx files for these textues
My English sucks so if here some germans i will write it in german agian^^

Also ich hab ne map in der ich eigene texturen eingefügt habe aber ich hab sie gespeichert als utx file aber jetzt muss ich noch extra die utx file schicken wenn ich mit freunden die map spieln will geht das nicht anders?

DooFi

Guckstu:
Textur quadratisch machen. Darauf achten, dass die Textur die richtige Größe hat. Nur größen wie 256², 512² usw benutzen. Sollte ja klar sein.
Textur abspeichern in einem Format, welches der UED unterstützt. Zum Bleistift *.tga.
UnrealED starten, Texbrowser öffnen. 'File -> Import'. Textur suchen, dann doppelklicken.
In das Feld "Package" "MyLevel" eintragen. "Group" und "Name" kannste dir selber aussuchen. Fertig. Die Textur findest du jetzt in dem neu angelegten Package "MyLevel". Achte immer darauf eigene Packages "MyLevel" zu nennen, denn dann werden sie in derselben Datei gespeichert, wie die Map selbst. Würdest du das Package zum Beispiel "Sanchez'Package" nennen, müsstest du, wenn du die Map im Internet verbreiten willst, das Package seperat zum Download anbieten. Durch "MyLevel" hast du später alles in einer Datei.

Anonymous

lol
Jetzt hat meine Map 28,2 MB , xDDD

DooFi

Quote from: "Sanchez44"Jetzt hat meine Map 28,2 MB , xDDD
naja sonst hätte das package halt 28 mb gehabt xD

Squad_Sammaron

in english fellas, that's somewhere along the lines of "Squad_Samamron = Awesome" said in nearly 154 different ways :D lol no seriously :D can i see dat in english?
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

Hybrid_Soldier196

nein

DooFi

lol
he wanted to know how he can save his own textures with his map, since its pretty time consuming to download and install the map and the .utx file seperately. So i told him how to use the mylevel package. Then he complained that his map weights 28mb now, and i convinced him that otherwise the utx file would have 28 megs ;)

Squad_Sammaron

thx much. and umm... how and why would you change files to .utx?

SanCheZ

I didn't know a other way xD
.:.:.:.:.:.:.

DooFi

Quote from: "Squad_Sammaron"thx much. and umm... how and why would you change files to .utx?
The packages containing multiple textures are in the .utx format so if you create a new package and don't call it "mylevel" UED will create a new .utx-file for it.

Squad_Sammaron

will the pack remain? when ever i make a my level package, the package dissapears if i 'x' unrealed. is this a way to make the package remain?

DooFi

it will be saved with your map, so if you load the map, the package will be loaded as well. but you have to call it "mylevel", not "my level". Capitals dont matter, though.

RC-1266

is there an easy way to convert one image to a texture? i dont understand the h*ck of all what youre saying in german
a map of mine is ALMOST finished i just want to add a logo that reminds everyone who the genius was who made it  :wink:

DooFi

Must be something like "File -> Import..." in the texture-browser... Put the texture into the package "MyLevel".

VodeAn

use google if you don't speak german, Ich spreche deutsch, a little anyway, Wir sollten ein Thema in deutsch.