DM_Domination - FINAL

Started by arramus, February 25, 2007, 09:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arramus

I've been playing a fair amount of Doom Coop recently and like the look and feel of the glowing rocks   contrasting with the darker backdrop in one of the maps and will port something similar for RC.

RC lights look great and I'll bring over the glowing Rock texture in later builds that give the floor a real scorched look.

{MotR}Weapon

Doom also had things like people being imapled on walls and grisly things like that >.> :D

arramus

Doom has some real beastly things that a dead Wookie hanging from the iron cuffs doesn't really do justice. I may leave out the heavy stuff in consideration of some of the RC gamers. Modding for FEAR wasn't an issue though and we could really release the demons in there.

Here's an imported sky which should add to the theme.

arramus

Testing architecture and lighting for routes leading out of the spawn areas.

{MotR}Weapon

I like the wall textures. :D

arramus

I'm extracting some Doom textures from a Coop mod that's had its source files open to the public and will make good use of them for RC. I wanted some glowing rocks textures but they're part of someone's map and I'll leave them as they are. RC lighting has a great glow about it anyway.

arramus

I want to make the rooms all a little different and running in the lava room is not really fun in the heat of battle. I'll start changing the theme for the next areas although keep a few box rooms and just give them more of a unique identity.

This map will ultimately be used for the last part of the SP series of 3 and do I have some fun in store for that. hehe.

For some reason Xfire crashes and I return to the desktop when I test this map in RC. It typically happens when I start shooting. Maybe the mesh or lighting is causing issues. mmm

The Xfire crash goes as far to bring up a crash submit report. Do those developers know the power of a Rep Blaster.

arramus

I'm going to lose the wiremesh as I thinks it's causing Xfire to make RC CTD. Looks like it must be a heavy render. I'll go with something more like this instead.

Hybrid_Soldier196

wow very crisp!!! (yeah that was a weird word to use :wink: )

arramus

Here's a little more detail added to the corners.

Sandcrawler

I want to see all the gore from Doom 0.o

It looks really nice so far.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

arramus

If RC didn't have a teen rating I'd make this map a real blood bath. I have just the right textures for it as well. muhahaha. As it is I'll probably be limited to placing some medieval style weapons around and we'll have to add the stocks in here for sure.

{MotR}Weapon

Make it into a bloodbath anyway, screw the teen rating. :P

Sandcrawler

We can just put a M rating on the map, that makes people agree to it before they can download.

I find that the rating system sucks anyways, with both movies and games. Take talledga knight the ballad or ricky bobby or whatever it is, one of the most sexual and crude movies I have seen recently, and its only PG-13 0.o I guess because it never shows the tits its ok... I remmember when R movies couldn't even show tits lol. Now you can't watch an R rated movies without seeing multiple tits. And there is one other thing that seems to be constant in R rated movies...Strip clubs, but then they are also in PG and PG-13 movies 0.o

Game rating sucks as well, ever notice that every star wars game has a T rating, even thow it is they are close to the same as UT04, I think it depends on how much the company pays ESRB because the only diffrence between UT and RC is when you shoot people with the shootgun there bodys don't explode and show the bones with a bit of meat on them...it looks like something you would see in a buchershop, and nothing that would happen. lol

More bitching below:

/start bitching

Then we have the people trying to say that video games make kids violent. Haha thats funny to me, I release my anger threw my video games, would have hit tons more people if it haddent been for RC, BF, GBG, and many concle games... I think they need to take a look around at the music and whats on TV as well, and not try to blame it on video games. And notice how it really makes them mad when a game is made realistic? WTF is with that hell I would think it would make them happier when a game is made realisticly, and show what would really happen if you shoot somebody with a shootgun, instead of games were you have Vin taking shootguns to the back. Or when movies are so damn gorey that they make people faint, like some of the movies that the Saw producers make. I can't think of the name, but one of them made people faint and they had to be taken to the hospital, and that was at the screening of it. I haven't been able to pick up the movie yet, but I have heard it more realistic bloody then something like The Marine. In the marine the guy is fucken superman, and it seems more like a marvel move then a movie that is trying to look real, the guy falls from a car what blows up as he falls down, fall off a cliff and then 5 minutes later he is running after them? Thats what makes kids want to go try it. Cool I can fucken blow up a car and nothign will happen...hey Bobby, want to be the Marine? Get in that car and i'm shoot at you and you will nev er be hit.

But they can't blame movies, because they assume that everybody actualy cares/knows about how they do the gunshoots and shit in movies. But not everyone does. Its also games fault because your actualy controling that person, so it teaches you to shoot people, not movies, or music, video games. You have the gansters rapping about fucking bitches, money in a bag, robbing bank, stealing cars, shooting people, and a million other things. Then you have metal and hard rock, that is generaly about being heart broken. What one is the evil music? Metal because its all heavy and has guitairs. Rap they clearly get their message across, they want you to shoot motherfuckers, and be racists to black (don't even want to get into that) I have been screwed over by a girl, and have had my best friend screw me over for her. I don't hold it against the sex. I hold the person accountable, and will probably always have a grudge against both of them. But I shouldn't punish everybody should I? Thats the message that I get from rap, Eminem thinks I should shoot them both, and other think I should never trust anybody. But yet they want to blame the video games, that are one of the few things that kept me from fucking myself over threw all that.

/end bitching

I'm done now and don't even ask me how or why I got started on this...

Anyways, I can galdly set up a agreement for M rated maps, DooFis map should probably have one. I just figured I would let you know that was possible, so you could do it full gore if you wanted, or have two versions. I have 5 Gigs of space, and this website is the only thing that is really running on it. I mgith revamp the star wars one to be more of a directory of other star wars sites then tryign to get everything myself, have the RPG stuff, and the Navcomputer stuff on there...heck maybe run a RPG on it if people were interested in it.
This is my super cool signature, if you think you can best it then make one and Personal Message it to me. :)

arramus

I have some great images of innards and intestines and would like to add a water trough with a blood texture on top of the surface. These would certainly add a lot to the atmosphere of the map. I'll post some pikkies of how it goes.

Mapping and playing FEAR was a constant gorefest while RC is generally puppies and kittens. I'd like somewhere in between from time to time and will try to get that balance in Domination.