DooFi's Models

Started by DooFi, March 21, 2007, 10:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DooFi

A crate that will get a nice numpad ingame, but - of course - it's meant for blowing it open ;)

A cell of the kind which you see in Ep II on geonosis, above which the prisoner hovers (wtf?)

An observation camera that is of course finished by now. The screen is WIP. It even moves very nicely in UT

These are meant for my SP map dealing with Sev's escape. I hope i will ever finish it :roll:

arramus

Hey DooFi,

The crate looks awesome and the emissive makes it look like its energised with a power source. It must look great in game.

The camera looks very intrusive just as it should. Having the three lenses gives you a sense that it can detect more than just the regular visual range and will pick up the whole spectrum. All very high quality custom additions.

Squad_Sammaron

is the camera moving via triggers and movers? they look good :D expecially skins
"Testosterone - You\'ve never seen so much man in one place."
      Title of Regal, Tales of Symphonia
      Stolen by Sammaron, Lord of All

DooFi

nope, only movers ;) But I've only tested it in UT2k4. Don't quite know whether all mover settings needed are available in RC. And i kinda doubt it :? But I'll certainly find a way...
It'd be cool if one could make the camera see the player and then activate a Pawn Factory or something until it is destroyed, but that would probably take some scripting, which I'm not really capable of and I want to finish the map first^^
Still gonna have to do loads of new meshes and texes and I don't even know the planet, atmosphere, vegetation and stuff... :roll:
Suggest whatever you consider cool  :P

Squad_Sammaron

that one idea, bout the camera activiting pawn factory? that's easy :D just move a trigger the same way the camera moves, so it seems that when it's facing you (during which the trigger has moved under your feet), the trigger activates a factory. this can also work with using a light switch that could just push the trigger activating factory down so it can't be activated :D

DooFi

Quote from: "Squad_Sammaron"that one idea, bout the camera activiting pawn factory? that's easy :D just move a trigger the same way the camera moves, so it seems that when it's facing you (during which the trigger has moved under your feet), the trigger activates a factory. this can also work with using a light switch that could just push the trigger activating factory down so it can't be activated :D
So you can attatch triggers to movers? w00t! Thank you. I'll try it immediately  :)

Squad_Sammaron

?! lol, you wrote the elevator and door tut :D

DooFi

nope, Arramus wrote the elevator tut^^
And the door tut doesn't say a thing about attaching. I totally forgot about this possibility xD

btw does anyone know how to change the collision of a trigger? If thats possible at all. ;) Because it'd be cool to have a cone that rotates with the cam.

arramus

Collision for Triggers?

Properties > Collision > Height and Radius settings?

DooFi

yea but i didn't manage to rotate the collision in UT2k4. I was thinking it was possible to have a rotated trigger in RC though oO

DooFi

For the contest at Gameartist.net. Topic is "Post-Apoc Vehicle".
"Your mission, is to create a post apocalyptic vehicle. It will be pieced together from various items, robust and motorized."
Budget is 4000 tris, I already wasted 2020 of them. Wheels don't count as they'll be removed anyways. It's going to be a hovercraft

I suck when it comes to car modeling xD

DooFi

The door itself is still WIP. The frame is final. Well it will get a nice Emissive-Map for the lights, but otherwise its final.

btw all the writing is aurek-besh, as you probably noticed and most of it even makes sense ;) The Camera for example says "big brother", if i remember rightly xD

{MotR}Weapon

Nice door!

Plan on putting it in any of your future maps?  :wink:
>.>
<.<

DooFi

At least thats its intended purpose, yep :)
thanks

DooFi

lol i finished the door xD

:biggrin