Imperial Naval Base

Started by Dark Lord, July 15, 2007, 04:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lord

yet another map i decided to make, this one is a base in a jungle area at night
jungle has pretty high foliage, so it should be fun to play around in, then there is a bunker entrance that goes down into a room that will lead to some others (yeah i havent finished all my planning yet), but ive made a real cool reactor room (one of those great places for anyone who like heights) then theres going to be a sub dock in one area, ive made a custom static mesh for the sub, so u cant go inside, were i to try making an interior i would be begging for cuts from the pathetic editor, so yeah... anyways, bunker halls and stuff is meant to be more military feeling than some of my other underground base maps, cuz im trying to kinda create a endor shield bunker feel in a few areas. anyways, other features may be the usual stuff you have come to expect me to put in a map, and theres a higher place in the jungle area that can only be accessed by first going inside the base (like how missilebase works) up there will be sandbags and stuff to snipe the unlucky ppl below, and some gunships, or grievous' ship

here is a screen of the sub floating above the jungle (lol i havent made the dock area yet but i wanted to try the thing out so i just stuck it in the sky). below you can see one of the terrain probs im having: retarded dimly lit squares in random places- if anyone knows how to fix that crap plz tell me
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade

Sh4rpSh00t3r

very cool, can't wait to see this maps secret. >.>

Dark Lord

ok just finished the sub dock

there will be railings later, and a passage to a 2nd, empty sub dock. other than that i dont think theres much more im going to add to what you see here

Dark Lord

here are some screenshots, there is only 2 rooms and 1 area left to go and the map is finished :)
dock 3, which is a specialized area solely for building subs
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/ ... 88d255.jpg
reactor room
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/ ... 5286e8.jpg
armory
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/ ... 7ce0d3.jpg
example of a typical hallway
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/ ... a1e983.jpg
outside area, below you see a bunker that overlooks the main entrance, above is a landing pad where an elevator comes up from the base, and behind it is a small gunship hangar
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/ ... 371ba2.jpg

Sh4rpSh00t3r

great works dude! i wish i could map like you, when i do map i focus on detail and so that last screen of yours would be my favorite and screens like that inspire me to keep trying. You are a truly gifted moder. Can't wait for the release and the start of your next map!

Dark Lord

thx, this map i have really tried to force myself to not be lazy and put alot more detail into it, so i think it is definately turning out to be my best one because of that.
if your attention stays primarily on detail, then thats a good start and you can probably make alot better maps than some of my earlier ones where i was so lazy, just keep trying, every modder doesnt start with the best maps ever of course ;)

Sh4rpSh00t3r

yeah, and to be honest i have played threw the campaign at least 3-5 times just for ideas and as i play i pay attention to how lucas arts used the static mesh's together to create an almost "realistic layout".

something tells me you would be a great SP mapper if exposed to it since most of your maps are more "explorable" to me then a real DM/CTF map. You come up with great, genius, and unique complicated layouts that i always love to explore for up to an hour to an hour and a half. If you just added some squad markers, pawns, and path nodes your maps could go to the next level. (im just getting started with AI. If you wish to continue MP moding would you care if i made your previous maps into SP's?) :P

Dark Lord

no not at all, i dont really care about making SP maps, and dont know the first thing about AI coding, so go ahead :)

Shockjaw

What about that other project you are working on. Can you post that one? SOrry if it was a secret.

Dark Lord

no aparrently the people who want that map dont want it made public, so i wont post it

Dark Lord

map is now finished and in download section for this site

Sh4rpSh00t3r

nice map, good layout. i liked it though i was disappointed that you left out the secret army/spot like your last map >.>

(i don't count the execution room, was too easy to figure out :P)

Dark Lord

o no, there is a secret amory. with gunship laser
but it is my hardest-to-find-out-how-to-get-into secret yet ;)
room 11, in front of control room
3 doors to open to get in
but ull never find all those triggers will you? :P

Shockjaw

Quote from: "Dark Lord"o no, there is a secret amory. with gunship laser
but it is my hardest-to-find-out-how-to-get-into secret yet ;)
room 11, in front of control room
3 doors to open to get in
but ull never find all those triggers will you? :P

Oh god.

1eS_Shit_SpiriT

Wow looks for a very very exciting map ;)